Mechanically welded recognition

Hi all

I am looking for a simple and automatic method (if possible) to transform a customer's WWTP into a mechanically welded structure.

The WWTP contains several bodies, those in sheet metal convert very well but is there a method to convert the volumes corresponding to the profile of mechanically welded SW?

On simple structures, I redraw but here I am facing a very complex structure, if I redraw all this will take me a lot of time not to mention the risk of error...

In summary, the recognition of function in sheet metal and volume is great, the same thing for the mechanically welded would be even greater!

Thank you in advance.

To my knowledge, this is not possible, even with the recognition of function.

Maybe ask the client if he can send you the original so that it can be under SW and not another software.

Otherwise, good luck!

2 Likes

Hello @sbadenis 

That's what I thought... But what do the developers at Dassault ;) do?

What worries me about asking for the original file is 

1 -  SW or not

2 - Privacy of the design

3 - Link to private library...

Well I think I'm going to roll up my sleeves...

Have a nice weekend.

2 Likes

1 -  For the 1, there is still the candle in Lourdes.

2 - Confidentiality if it is a customer I doubt it, if it is a file of a competitor retrieved by the customer in my opinion see point N°1...

3 - Link to private library the library files are contained in the file and if you want to change the tube section (equivalent by yours no problem (be careful with face inversions in this case...

1 Like

Hello@tous 

If I may, what is the use of redoing the CS?, for the sheet metal I totally agree, it's parametric according to the manufacturing process (v, radius, unfold ....), but for the profiles I don't see this need to redesign everything, 

1 Like

Hello;

I agree with sbadenis...
for N°3: If the faces are reversed in your mechanically welded machines, consider taking a long-term chamber in Lourdes... and additional candles....
and for n°2: Well, it's better to ask for SW Documents, even if it means  being refused  rather than risking mistakes to remodel.
Kind regards.

1 Like