Reconstruction

Hi all

We are 2 to use the latest version of Solidworks (2016) in my company, we have gone over all the options in order to have the same configuration so the same options checked and unchecked.

It turns out that when I use a fairly large assembly and I hide or show components, my version hides or shows me the component in question right away, without the need to click on the "rebuild" button, whereas with my colleague, it is not done instantly but he has to press this button.

Do you have any explanations for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hello

Are you using the same SP? (check in ?/About SolidWorks)

Side point, rather than comparing the options one by one, use the Copy Settings Wizard (Start/All Programs/SolidWorks20xx/SolidWorks Tools/Copy Settings Wizard). It will be more reliable and less laborious.

11 Likes

+10 and not a single dissonant voice? Have we moved into a totalitarian regime? :-)

To put it back on track, we allow ourselves to think in authorized circles, that we install a new version of SW only from SP3 or ideally SP4 (around September in general). That was until 2014. 2015 having been a fiasco year, it even took the SP5 to fix the bugs! It's up to you!

:-)

Indeed I am waiting for at least the SP2 to install the new vintage.

After that, if everyone is waiting for the SP5 to install it, it's hard to report the bugs.

Personally, and this is only my opinion, I find that there are a lot of bugs in SW and I have always hoped that every year it will get better and better but it's not the case.

I would prefer fewer improvements but a more stable tool.

2 Likes

Agree with you Freeman, there is a need for users to wipe the plaster of the new versions.

Now, given the cost of a license and its maintenance, I'm not sure it's justifiable for a majority of users to play the role of testers: we come to this software for productivity and reliability, not to develop our work tool every year.

Thank you for responding to the Freeman debate. :-)

In fact, the ones who wipe the plasters are the new customers who are forced to buy the latest version.

1 Like

Hello, we use the same SP, by the way I had the problem last Friday when it never happened to me... I think it can come from having a lot of parts/assemblies/plans open, because when you only work on one file it doesn't do it, unless it's very heavy.

To be continued...