Recovering the mass of an assembly in a simulation

Hello

In a static simulation, in the parameters, I need to retrieve the value of the object's mass. In the global variables there is nothing, I tried "SW-Mass", but it doesn't work.

Thank you

In fact, only the fixed global variables appear, not the one resulting from a formula!! With that we are not bothered!!

Hello

Since you are in a static simulation, what is the point of recovering this value.

Note that you have at any time the value of the overall mass of either the part or the assemblies.

In the ""evaluate" tab you have a mass property that gives you all this information provided you have put  material in all your parts. I put an icon in the top band (looks like a scale) to go faster

It also gives you the CG.

Kind regards

In fact it's worse than that, you can't parameterize a force with a formula, for example. Each time you have to redo the calculation in a corner and enter the values by hand in the simulation. I have a part supported by an isostatic assembly but where the pressure can vary from one support to another, so the force on each support is a function of the weight and the distribution of the load not necessarily (this is the purpose of the study) equally distributed. In short, I do everything by hand. Pfff

Simulation handles gravity very well if your density is well informed.

There is also a way to put a ground at a distance with rigid or flexible connectors (which allows you to avoid drawing parts that you don't need to calculate: it lightens your mesh and contact management).

It is quite possible to do calculations at the load level in Simulation with formulas and parameters. Which can be useful if you do several calculations in a row with different load values.

Instead of entering the value in numeric, click on the small arrow down and 'link the value'. You can enter either constants (if you have the same effort applied in 10 places for example) or do calculations between your constants. It's clearly not ideal in terms of ergonomics (you have to start by entering your variables in the table, validate, then enter a value using a formula between the variables) but it still allows you to do things. It's not sure that you can use all the mathematical operators of the creation (the help should list them I think).

Hello

This doesn't work, when you want to bind value, you can only do it with a constant value, not with a value dependent on a formula! Below, MTn and MTr are derived from a formula, and they do not appear in this selection.