Retrieve sheet size

Hello

I created cartridges in A4 horizontal, A4 vertical, A3 Horizontal format... In my title block, I display the SW formatsize property. For the Horizontal formats, no problem, it puts me A4, A3...  However, for vertical formats, it displays "Customize". And of course the same thing for non-standard formats specific to my company. 

In the first case, is there a way to have the right format regardless of the direction of the format (Horizontal or vertical)

If possible to add format types for different

Hello

[EDIT] Deletion for off-topic [END EDIT]

Kind regards

1 Like

Thank you d.roger for your answer, I can't get both methods to work. Would you like me to use a macro to put the sheet format in my part property and to point to this property in the title block?

There is no easy way to put the name of the layer in the title block (see image)

cartouche.png

Hello

Sorry, my first answer was off-topic.

Try pointing your text to the "SW-Sheet Format Size" property

Kind regards

1 Like

It's already the case, that's my problem, it marks for horizontal formats, but not vertical or customized like er1200 (height 900, length 1200)

In the <dossier_d installation folder>\ solidworks\lang\<language>\, there is the sheetformats.txt file.
By "tinkering" with it, you should solve your problem.

1 Like

Hello stefbeno,

Thank you for your answer, it seems like a good lead, but I can't understand how it works. In addition, I can't modify the file in its original location, I'd like to know where we can change the path so that it fetches this file. I looked in option/File location... but then I can't find it

According to this page (http://help.solidworks.com/2018/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_hole_callouts.htm), it is possible to modify the files.
Possible method: Make a copy in a normal directory, modify the copy, rename the original to keep it, and set up the copy.

I modified the original file but it doesn't change anything

txt.png