Retrieve SmartProperties from a room in a drawing

Hello

Well  here is my question is asked, on the other hand I have already done as in the smart tutorial, Property of the referenced document, I followed to the letter what it was done but it doesn't work for me,

I created a slap in the face and I can't take the properties I create with smart except the one of the system!

Ready in advance.

7 Likes

Hello

Can you send an example?

Let's take the "code" property as an example

To display a SmartProperties property in a drawing, you must:

That the code property is in "File > Properties > Customize tab" after validation of the SmartProperties and that it is well populated.

Then in the drawing, by right-clicking in the sheet but outside of an "Edit background" view.

When you leave the mouse on the place where you want the code to be displayed, it should be written $PRPSheet:"code".

If not, double-click to edit.

1 Like

you are trying to retrieve a property from a room in the drawing...

Does the note link to the property point to the part and not to the drawing?

Another case that I have already seen several times: has the part been inserted into the drawing?

3 Likes

I hope the 2 photos answer your questions.

For your information I have created a standard format for my "part" and a standard format for my "MEP"

And otherwise yes the part has been inserted, but when creating my standard drawing no there is no room and when I link my property, once I click on ok, my "note is blank, there is nothing in it.

image_1.png
7 Likes

As can be seen in the attached image, the value of the "Total Machine" property is empty.

So, nothing appears in the cartridge!

And if even when the property is filled in, the title block is empty, please read the second part of my question carefully:

Then in the drawing, by right-clicking in the sheet but outside of an "Edit background" view.

When you leave the mouse on the place where you want the code to be displayed, it should be written $PRPSheet:"code".

If not, double-click to edit.

That's what I tell you when I double click, I can't put the property it stays white 

7 Likes

Try right-clicking on the note, "Edit text in window" this will give you the line of code for the note in question.

3 Likes

Here's how I do it for the text box:

I create the "Note" text box.

Once in the area I click on "Link to property".

I'll look for the property: "Total Machine" which is a concatenation created from SmartProperties.

Once I validate, my area remains white and nothing is written.

This is what is happening.

I don't understand

7 Likes

Hello

Can you create a test piece, fill it in full, and then send it to us?

I think this will allow us to better understand your problem.

Kind regards.

Hello

The property wouldn't be created on a configuration? and on the PRT? which would sow ambiguity.

On the other hand, we have a TXT file that lists the custom properties ("System option" + "File location" + "Custom properties files")

capture.jpg

Mr. Anger, OK okay but when you create your note related to the property, before going to look for your property in the drop-down menu, did you choose the line "Model in the view specified in Sheet Properties"?

If this is the case, the part is inserted in the drawing and the property is filled in in the room, it must work.

3 Likes

just to check that SmartProperties is well used/configured, I would already check the creation of a property manually on the PRT, as well as its value; then create a note with the link of the part property,

See the screenshot to make the link (and use the custom properties file)

capture.jpg

Here are my typts files

room and mep, if someone can look and tell me what I forgot to do.

THANK YOU

modeles.zip
7 Likes

The text values you need to enter: Draftsman, supplier code, etc. are all empty and therefore worthless.

That's why your rating doesn't work.

These elements must be filled in. First of all, try to fill them in without going through Smart Properties to avoid problems with the configuration of the latter. Type a text in this value using the part properties.

If it works, make it happen with Smart Properties.

Kind regards.

capture.png

This is what I said in my 1st and 2nd message:

As I saw on your image, the fields are not filled!

1 Like

sorry I can't watch, I'm in 2012 version

rmorel and Lucas Prieur, as I told you, these are "type - .prtdot" files so empty at creation, but there is only the machinetotal property that is not displayed in the cartridge, otherwise all the others are displayed.

7 Likes

I just uploaded your files, and I see that these are your templates.

I was asking you for an example of a piece with its plan that should work!

I just did the test (in 2014 since the models are in 2014) just now with your models.

In your basemap there is no note that retrieves your "MachineTotal" property

If I create a note related to the "MachineTotal" property and insert a part from your part model or I manually filled in the Total Machine property, there is no problem, I get the value of the property back.

3 Likes