Retrieve SmartProperties from a room in a drawing

fthomas,

Could you tell me how you do it? to recover this property.

THANK YOU

7 Likes

I create a new drawing from your DRWDOT model and I insert inside a part made with your part model in which I have previously filled in the "MachineTotal" property

I edit the basemap,

I put a note wherever I want in the cartouche,

Then I click on linked to the property

Then I select "Template in Specify view in Sheet Property"

In the drop-down menu I select MachineTotal and I validate.

To finish you just have to resave the basemap so that my changes are taken into account for all the new drawings

4 Likes

I indicated the procedure in my 1st message (you have to do it in the template for it to work on all levels):

Then in the drawing, by right-clicking in the sheet but outside of an "Edit background" view.

When you leave the mouse on the place where you want the code to be displayed, it should be written $PRPSheet:"code".

If not, double-click to edit.

If you want to apply this to all old plans, you'll need to use the Integration utility.

I may have forgotten to tell you that the property is the result of a condition in smartprop.

image_1.png
7 Likes

It doesn't change anything, whether it's a result or not.

As long as you check that after validating the SmartProp, you have the desired value for the "TotalMachine" property in the "Document Property" window.

If in the value column, you have the info you're looking for, all you have to do is do what was said before:  $PRPSheet:"TotalMachine"

But if you don't have anything displayed, as you say, it may come from your formula in the SmartProperties which is not good... So check the result in the properties before handling the link.

I do have the property in the room but I can't get it displayed in the MEP

7 Likes

Hello

As I've already said several times, it would be easier if we had a file. If it's for privacy issues, take an existing file where it should work and remove all the functions except the first one.

Otherwise, simply if the property is correctly populated in the 3D (not empty), in "> files", in the "custom" tab and not "configuration specific" (it's a SmartProperties setting too), then if in your layout you have followed the different ways to display a custom property (mine or fthomes'), There's no reason why it shouldn't work!

And remember to do the manipulation on your "dot" files, then use integration to update all your files, if you want it to appear on your old plans too.

Hello

And thank you for answering again.

Here is a room and an MEP, however I don't know why I managed to put the property in the MEP but it still doesn't show up when I insert the part in it.

See attachments.

desktop.zip
7 Likes

There is a problem with the name of your property.

By changing the name to MT for example, and creating a note as shown in the attached image, it works, and I was able to display the total machine...

But by leaving the property with the name "MachineTotal" it remained empty indeed...

machine_total.jpg

Here are the files that work (sorry only 1 file per message on Lynkoa)

ok.zip

Personally it works perfectly without changing anything ...  provided you fill in the "MachineTotal" property since currently in the example room you provided the property is empty!

After I don't know in which version everyone does these tests, currently I test on a 2014 SP0.0, if lucas and m.angers you test on SP1.0 and a problem appears I want to do the test again in this version if you want.

2 Likes

I tested SP1 in 2014 indeed.

Ok, does it work parafitment!! by simply changing the name of the property, it is incomprehensible.

Thank you.

PS I'm in 2014 SP1

8 Likes

ok it's okay I just found where the problem comes from: the "Machinetotal" property is present in two places in the part file:

in the custom properties tab (where you have a value entered) and in configuration specific (where it is empty)

So just delete the property in the specific configuration tab and it works perfectly!

So this has nothing to do with the name of the property, it's just that when it is filled in the two solidwork tabs, take priority the value of specific to the configuration.

3 Likes

Exact fthomas, I already had the problem, but I didn't think to check!

Thank you fthomas, maybe that's who should have had the right answer.

Sorry.

And thank you all

8 Likes

No problem, the important thing is to know why it didn't work and how to solve the problem, not who got the points of the right answer ;o)

2 Likes