Retrieve a dimension encapsulated in a block

Good evening

I am looking for  a dimension in my list of welded parts that is encapsulated in a block

No way to click it without popping the block.... not cool

Even by right-clicking on "annotations" in the creation tree, it does not appear.

Is it not possible, or have I omitted something?

I am on SW2017 standard

Kind regards

Hubert

1 Like

Hello

Can you put a screen print of the block??? If it's a block that's in your part or assembly; Why not re-quote on top and use this odd???

Hello

Thank you for your answer

Attached is a screenshot of the block (it's a turntable) which is in a part file

If I try to resize the block on top of it, I get an error message telling me "unable to add a constraint on this entity"

Kind regards

capture_bloc.jpg

Hello 

Convert the entity, pass it to the construction  line and then dimension.

may the force be with you.

But you can quote your part in the 3D and get that rating. Once you have made this dimension and used it, you can hide it by going to display==>show/hide and then I don't know anymore. I'm not in front of my PC...

No I can't score in 3D, I have the error message mentioned above

The trick of converting entities and construction features is very relevant

I'm going to try that, since obviously we can't go for the odds in the block

Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Hubert

I understood for the block, but according to your image there is an extension on the block and this extension you can dimension it in the 3D and use this dimension...

See attachment.

piece_jointe_coation_dans_la_3d.gif

Thank you for your answer

I'm afraid I won't understand everything well.... because I really can't keep up with it in 3D :-(

If by extension, you are talking about a boss, yes indeed there is a boss function, but it's rather the length and width that I'm trying to recover.

And I also can't convert the entities without breaking the block.... or without creating a second sketch on the same plane as the block, which doubles the work

Have a nice day

Otherwise draw a sketch dot dot and then put your dimension.

May the force be with you

Once you have left your boss, you just have to use the dimension tool and then create your dimension. When you go to use the tool, it will have a choice to make with 4 options and it seems that this is the last one to select.

1 Like

Oh yes!!

indeed it works!!

I didn't know that you could rate like that,  I hadn't tried

Thank you very much for the help

Problem solved :-)

1 Like