Constraint Reference in a Library Function

Hi all

I'm creating library functions and I'd like to see constraint references specific to the addition of this function when dragging and dropping the function on a part.

Is it possible to include constraint references in a library function?

(Solidworks 2017)

Thank you.

The PropertyManager Inserting an Intelligent Function

Specify the associated components and functions of an Smart Component to be added, as well as the necessary references for this purpose.

To open the Insert PropertyManager of a smart feature, with a Smart component in an assembly, do one of the following :

• Click Insert Smart Functions, which appears on the component in the graphics area.
  • In the graphics area, right-click the component and select Insert Smart Features.
  • Select the component, and then click Insert > Smart Features.

Duties

Select Features, and then select or deselect individual features to include in the assembly. From the list, select a feature to highlight it in the preview window.

Functions at a glanceSelect to preview the features in the graphics area.

Components

Select Components, and then select or deselect individual components to include in the assembly. From the list, select a component to highlight it in the preview window.

References

Lists the references that you must specify when inserting related components and features. References are highlighted in the preview window. Select a matching entity in the graphics area to set the reference.

Indicates that the reference has not yet been specified.
Indicates that the reference has been specified.

Options

Update the size and position of the feature and component when the smart component is moved/modifiedSelect this option to have changes to the smart component reflected in the associated components and functions.
2 Likes

Thank you gt22 but there you are talking about intelligent component.

In my case it's a bookcase function + a bookcase piece. Let me explain:

I make more and more HDPE frames made of waterjet cutting. To simplify the assembly I made some kind of cylindrical tapped bacon. (see image in PJ) this kind of fixing is becoming more and more recurrent in our creations which leads me to want to optimize the CAD with:

- The tapped insert: Bookshelf part with 2 constraint references (2 concentricities)

- A library function: including in fact 2 extrusions (the hole to position the insert and the screw hole to pass)

To be able to save even more time. I would like that each time my library function is inserted on my piece, there are also 2 constraint references. This would then allow the insert to be positioned with a simple drag and drop in the assembly.

Hoping to have succeeded in making myself understood! :)

assemblage_pion_taraude.jpg

And rightly so

It works with smart components

Watch this tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igOtCoSAtus

@+

2 Likes

Thank you gt22.

I didn't have the courage or the time to look at everything, but I'll have to do it!

I imagine that in my case the philosophy would be to make my "pawn" by intelligent component and when I insert it in an assembly it is the one that brings the constraints references and the related functions that allow to make the holes in the other parts?

2 Likes

Totally @ Thom@s you understood everything

yes at the beginning you take a lambda support

you create all your constraints and function refs with if necessary import parts sup

Once created, save this component as a smart component

and each time you take this component you can either take all the smart functions or some of your choice

take the time to watch the video well do some tests  it's bluffing ;-)

@+ ;-)

2 Likes