Constraint References

@ gt22, I looked at your post and I think the references are good. Especially since they work in one direction and even in both under SW 2015.

@ sbadenis, I tried to change the references for the holes rather than the screws but the problem persists, the references are only found in one direction.

Thank you for your research.

On the 2014 it works while with the constraints on the screws I had the bug.

I just added the images on my previous post for the type of constraint used.

Remaining image attached

contrainte_piece_1.jpg

I put the same references as on the pictures but still the same.

I think it's SW 2012 that is the problem since it works on the 2015.

I continue to experiment.

Maybe by replacing coaxiality with a coincidence of axes, if not no other ideas, to counter this problem.

Always the same with the axes.

Otherwise last attempt can be removed the coaxiality, keep the coincidence and to position your part 1 in relation to assembly 1 play with the right and top plane.

Less clean but probably functional.

It still doesn't work. I tried several types of references with planes, faces, axes and edges but the result is always the same: the constraints are added in one order of insertion of the parts/assemblies but not in the other while it works very well in Solidworks 2015. The Soliworks 2012 bug is the most likely cause of this behavior.

3 Likes

In this case, all you have to do is convince your boss to change your version!

Hello 

See attached doc.

may the force be with you.

ref_c.docx
1 Like

@ OBI WAN, I agree with you that it's hyperstatic. So I tried to change my references with the ones you gave in the document but it doesn't change the result and the constraints are always only in one direction.

Hello

Let's be honest, do you have a constraint ref in each room that has the same name?

Yes, that's right. Constraint references have the same name in the parts/assemblies used. The number, type, and all parameters of the references are the same.

Hello everyone,

By continuing to experiment, I have found a method that seems to work.

In fact, we should not use the flat surfaces directly as a reference but we should use a reference plane which is itself constrained in relation to the desired surface.

2 Likes