Draftsight Free Version License Re-Initialization

Hello

I've been using Draftsight for over two years, usually with pleasure.

I use it on my desktop computer always connected to the Internet and on my laptop usually not connected to the Internet

On my laptop, I installed the latest version a few months ago. I didn't accept the offer to buy and I stayed with the free version. Since then I have had a few crashes, but that's not my question.

For the past three weeks, when I open Draftsight, I have a message telling me that I still have a few days (7 days today) to connect to the Internet in order to reset my license.

I plugged in, but nothing changes, I don't know what to do.

I read the instructions... But I didn't receive an email with the activation codes. By the way, when installing the latest version on the laptop, I never had a request to send my email address.

I then uninstalled the program on the laptop and I reinstalled it, nothing changes, the countdown continues. I started again by deleting all the files that could have come from Dassaud, but nothing has changed yet.

I don't know what to do anymore and the deadline is approaching

Does anyone have an explanation and a procedure to stop this process?

Thanks in advance

Bernard

Hello

I had the same problem on a PC and only found a workaround that was quite tedious.

And I made a tutorial to repeat every 30 days!

There he is:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/probleme-d-activation-draftsight

But if anyone has another solution to propose, I'm all for it!

1 Like

Maybe a solution here, by modifying the registry: https://gupta9665.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/fix-your-draftsight-activation-problem/

If not, see if the windows firewall is not activated. It can block activation.

2 Likes

@philippe: this is the same modification of the registry that I indicated in the tutorial!

We have several positions, and the problem only appears on some and I looked with the computer service, and no solution!

1 Like

@.PL: Indeed, I should have checked the tutorial beforehand.

Hello

I also use Draftsight in the free version to do tests. This message appears once a year to update the license.

So every year you will have to validate your email address, your name, first name and some information for them I guess and you will be automatically assigned a free license (valid for 1 year).

I hope I have been clear.

Have a good day and have a good wwek end

Thank you PL., Thank you Philippe

I followed the procedure and when I relaunched Drafsigth, I was asked for my email address, then the confirmation to send...   Everything seems to be in order.

I won't know why, at first, I didn't receive anything, but computer science sometimes has impenetrable mysteries (otherwise, they wouldn't be mysteries)

Bernard