Dimensioning relationship between 2 plans

Hello

I would like to know if on Solidworks, it was possible to create an "Equation" relationship so that dimensions are identical between 2 different planes?

Thank you.

Of course.

Display your ribs, then select the 2 ribs, right-click and "Link ribs"

Or, click on one of the 2 sides, then type as a value = and left-click on the coast to which it refers.

3 Likes

Be careful the dimensions are not on the same part, I want to create a relationship between 2 dimensions on 2 different part files.

If the pieces are in the same assembly, no problem, do as my first answer.

Otherwise, in the equation, you have to mark = and put the name of the rib of the other piece by adding at the end @nomdelapièce

Example: =D4@Esquisse3@piecex.share

But the problem is that the coast that will be under quation cannot be changed. The "master" rating will have to be modified

The best I think is to create an equation like x=25mm for example and export this equation file in text. Then import the text file into the other part file to have the same equation with the same side which will be gray because it will be linked.

lien.png
2 Likes

It doesn't work, I don't understand why I'm doing what you told me.

sans_titre.png

You need to put the following syntax in the value of your rating:

="D1@Esquisse1@xxx.SLDPRT"

or in the case of a dimension resulting from a blend:

="D1@Esquisse1@xxx.SLDASM"

1 Like

Let me summarize.

Go to your room 1, in equations and add a global variable that you name whatever you want.

Tell this variable to be equal to the D1 score ( X=D1@esquisse1)

Then you export as a text file keeping the links.

Then you go to your room 2, to equations and you do "import"

You import the text file of part 1.

Both coasts must have the same name. D1@esquisse1 for example, otherwise you'll be annoyed I think.

At worst, send your 2 pieces, I'll look.

@Bart,

I don't agree with you. The two sides can have totally different names. This does not pose any problem.

Personally I "double-click" on the target sketch, the dimensions then appear. I "double-click" on the odds that interest me. Then in the value I write directly the syntax I indicated above.

Then it works straight out

2 Likes

Yes little foot, that's what I explained to him above, but it doesn't work with him

Normal, the quotation marks are missing from the equation.

edit: this is also the syntax specified by petitpied.

Small question by the way because I don't see it mentioned anywhere. But the two pieces must not be in the same file at all hazards?

If the two pieces of @Mathieu ANGER are not in the same repertoire, won't it be a problem for him?

1 Like

@coin34coin

So after doing a few tests, you need to:

- Or, indeed, that the pieces are in the same repertoire.

or

- Or they are both open at the time of writing the equation. They then keep the link once closed.

3 Likes

The quotation marks, for me, it made sense ^^ =)

2 Likes

No matter how much I do as you told me, nothing is there and the two files are open and in the same folder.

sans_titre.png

So now, I'm drying!! I don't see where the pb can be. Everything seems ok to me...

Is it possible to share the two files in question, so that we can take a look?

If you put ".part" at the end of your equation instead of ".sldprt", it doesn't work?

No Bart it doesn't change anything, I tried everything uppercase at the beginning, all lowercase, all capital.. Nothing helps.

Hello

I think it's dangerous to want to attack one file directly by another.

For me the best solution is the external text file related to the two files as proposed at the beginning by @Bart.

@+

2 Likes

yes, I think the equation file is the best thing to do.

Otherwise, if you don't want to bother, insert the two parts in an assembly, you will just have to make a simple formula by typing = then clicking on the corresponding side.

The links will be made automatically since the parts are in the same assembly

2 Likes