Relationship between Flow Simulation and Simulation in Solidworks

Hello

I am carrying out a study project on an aluminum block where there is a water circuit.

The principle is simple, I have an aluminum block that is at 20 degrees, I would like to pass water through a circuit made in this same aluminum block at 3 degrees. on the aluminum block there is a PP membrane that has an initial temperature of 200 degrees. My goal is to study the cooling rate as a function of the position of the water passage etc.

I would like to know if my approach is the right one.

First of all, to create the water fluid, I use flow simulation, I put an inlet pressure of 4 bar in total pressure (P0), then for the outlet I put an environmental pressure equivalent to atmospheric pressure. How can I see the pressure loss due to my circuit? I have the impression when I start the simulation that it automatically puts the environmental pressure that I give it a pressure loss of 3 bars in my circuit.

Then I go to the simulation module, in the properties of the project, so I put it in a transient regime to see the evolution over time and I add the fld file created by Flow-Simulation and I then add my temperature boundary conditions.

Is my method good for my fluid to act well on the cooling in my block?

Thank you very much for your help.

You can post your file(s) or screenshots

for a better understanding of your problem

which version of SW do you have?

if I understood correctly you create an aluminum cooler

which has a temperature at the ambient base 20°

you have in this cooler coils where water passes

this water is at 3° inlet and has 4 Bar of pressure

with a free outlet so pressure = at the external pressure

on the outer skin of this cooler, at least on one side

you have a PP membrane  which is at 200°

how does this temperature happen (via injection I guess ;-) ) so your mold since I think it's a mold that it's

is not at 20° since the filled volume has a certain density of product and a certain temperature in time x which gives you a calorific power

So yes in my humble opinion there is a lack of a lot of information

screenshots the files are in my opinion welcome to answer your problem correctly

@+ ;-))

1 Like

If you want to see the pressure loss, put a pressure target at the input and output, this will give you the pressure drop by making the difference.

You mean you use the Solidworks simulation module after the flow module? What's the point? In my opinion if I understood correctly what you want to do, you only need flow, you can do transient with flow too.

Be more precise, where exactly are you in your settings?
Have you enabled the transient option in the settings?
You inserted initial conditions...

I have of course the transient option in the settings

Regarding the boundary conditions I have set, here they are:

Total pressure of 4 bar at the inlet at 3 degrees

Environmental pressure of 1.013 bar at 20 degrees

Membrane temperature at  200 degrees, what to put as a wall?

Aluminum block at 20 degrees, what to put as a wall?

About the initial conditions, I may have to confuse the initial and the limits of the software.

Well THE BRAVO you talk about a better answer

@ shark 599 can you explain to us where the solution is?

in no case does it result in a response

@+ ;-))

having had screenshots in PM and having for a time not directed you in your approach

and also ask to post these said screens on the communication thread

I can't find anything convincing in your answer

What is the status of your calorie calculation to cool? (the ground of your PP backing)

mass, temperature and time, the same for cooling, so which would result from it, the flow of the fluid of this said cooling which + is the support of your hydro coil is not optimal for a maximum heat exchange.

It seems to me that you still have to think about your problem