Link/extract value from a global variable to a family of parts

Hello

I would like to extract the value of one of my global variables in my part family in order to create formulas behind it

I tried with $valeur@name of the global@equations variable and double-clicking on the coast in question but the result in both cases is identical.

It gives me the equation of the overall value in the first case and the equation of the dimension in the second case but not this value (which should vary according to the parts chosen) see image

If anyone has the solution I'm a taker,

Thank you in advance.

capture.png

Hello 

It reminds me of a similar thing related to the formats of the cell, (from memory, try the "standard" format), 

Why not put the equations directly into the Excel file of the family of parts?

1 Like

Hello;

I agree with sbadenis , it's easier to work directly with Excel formulas rather than with Solidworks equations.
Kind regards.

1 Like

The standard format is applied but it doesn't work.

And as for putting the equations in the family of parts, why not, but currently this is what is done by Solidworks but the value is not available while I would like to be able to use this value to create formulas around it.

try this: (Excerpt from Solidworks 2020 Help)
When you set up global variables in a part family, you can only assign constant decimal values. If you want to define an equation-driven value for a global variable, first remove its column from the part family, and then define the equation using Tools > Equations.
Which version are you using? If it is earlier than 2016 SP4, another track here:
https://www.lynkoa.com//problême-avec-les-variables-globales...

Hi Maclane,

I'm on solidworks 2021, my problem is that I already manage this dimension with tools>equation (see image) but when I call it in my part family it gives its equation and not this value (see initial post image)

capture.png

Hello

Have you tried to create a dimension that is driven in parallel with your dimension linked by its equation?

This rating based on your equation-driven rating should update automatically.

NB: However, there may still be problems with recalculation/reconstruction of dimensions between the 3d and the Excel table.

Hello

Thank you all, my problem is solved thanks to Froussel's solution