Putting views back in order

Hello

On a customer assembly, when I click on the front view (visualization), I get the rear view.

I released the first fixed part of the assembly to reposition the original with alignment of the faces: nothing moved because the part was already positioned correctly on the original.

I had the views restored to standards. But that didn't change anything.

Does anyone have an idea to put the views back in "place"?

It only does it on this assembly, but I haven't found where

RQ: SW12 _sp5

_Positionnez your 3D as you want it from the front (use the keyboard arrows for a clean movement)

_Barre of space (keyboard)

_3ème "Update Standard Views" icon

_cliquez on the "front view" button

_Cliquez on "Yes"

That's it!

2 Likes

Hello

Just update the front view:

Stand in the view you would like to have in front view (with normal on the surface for example).

Press SPACEBAR to display the view menu.

Click on "Face" once.

Tap the icon to "update view".

See this link:

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/French/WhatsNew/t_updating_standard_views.htm

2 Likes

So, to make it as simple as possible, if your assembly consists of a few pieces, here is the procedure to follow.

Constrain as you wish, and the piece isré at the base, add a constraint parallel to the front plane.

You can then choose the alignment of the constraints

I enclose a detailed picture.

contrainte.png
1 Like

Hello

I read this on a forum, I haven't been able to test it yet, but it has to work to keep everything up to date.

so you put yourself in original front view then 
SHIFT+UP
Shift+Right
Shift +Down
Apui on Space
In the menu that opens, Front View, Update.

If you test it, you can tell again if it worked.

THANK YOU Mathieu

@Bart:

Your method works if all the parts are constrained by comparison to a "basic" piece.

In the case of an imported assembly, it is better to update the views.

@Mathieu ANGER

the Shift+Arrow command is only used to rotate the model 90°.

You might as well put yourself directly in the right position and open the menu of views.

@Pascal and @Bart

For this method there is a fairly simple way for assemblies that are in the extreme in fixed components:

_Sélectionner all components into the Feature Manager.

_Clic right in the Feature Manager "form a new subassembly here" (ideally virtual assembly, it won't be used for long)

_Contraindre this subset with respect to the origin (Symmetry, Slide, Coincidence,... of your choice)

_Clic right on the virtual subset "Break up a subassembly".

I use this method for completely disoriented assemblies.

As for the request for @opiep27 I think my first post is enough.

Besides the Shift+arrow, the most interesting for paralepiped sets is the "Normal to" or Ctrl+8 function (key 8_\ of the keyboard not the numeric keypad): 

Select a face that will correspond to the FRONT View and then Ctrl + click on a face that will correspond to the TOP view. Click on "Normal to" or Ctrl+8 and your 3D SUV is totally reoriented!

After resuming the procedure of the first post.

1 Like

Thank you for all your answers.

In the positioning of the views, I had skipped the update standard views icon, I had just tried to restore. (@lucas solution)

1 Like