Upgrade of our SW license

Hello

Today I have a question about the update of the solidworks license.

We are an SME, there was no more designer for 2 years, I arrived 9 months ago and the license dates from 2013.
I wanted to take care of re-buying the latest version, but due to lack of time it was finally a sales representative who contacted me 3 weeks ago.

The prices are prohibitive, I wanted to know who the different resellers are, and what are the average prices for this?

Thank you for your advice

You have MyCadServices.. plus they are partners of Lynkoa, which is good;)

Ok thank you I'll check them out.

Mycad service, and axemble

Who would be the best?

Hello

See here to find SW dealers: 

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/purchase/varlocator.htm

1 Like

In fact, coin37coin is talking about Axemble.

The dssault policy to change for license renewals: http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/modification-de-maintenance-solidworks

[Edit: ] So MyCadServices = Axemble offer

1 Like

MyCadServices are services of Axemble

1 Like

OK thank you I see so for the moment I only have them... I'll see on the other link you posted to me

Edit: a priori erroneous information, see Coyote's message below. It's not a version issue, but a date issue: you have to buy before January 1 for the update to cost less.

Hello

Yes, I was going to say the same thing as @remrem:

The 2016 version is more expensive, because you pay the price of all the years of maintenance where you have not paid for maintenance, within the limit of the price of a "new" license.

Maybe by buying the 2015 version there won't be this problem: maybe ask the retailer for the price of the 2015 and 2016 versions.

1 Like

Hello

Be careful what you write, the 2016 version is not more expensive! It is already available for purchase and Dassault's change in pricing policy will not be in place until January 2016.

In a webinar, Axemble clarified precisely this afternoon.

For example, it stated that:

• if today @uettwiller.gaetan wants to update his license it will cost him 500€ of reactivation fees + the cost of maintenance (1500€ for SW standard, 1700 for SW Pro, ....)
  • If @uettwiller.gaëtan waits until January 1st to resume his maintenance, it will cost him NB of year x (1500 or 1700 or ...) + (1500 or 1700 or ....)

So if @uettwiller.gaetan is in SW pro today he has it for 2200€, in January (if stopped in January 2013) 6800€.

So I can only advise @uettwiller.gaetan to get back under maintenance as soon as possible.

@+

6 Likes

I advise you to buy it before December!

You have the choice, Avenao, Axemble etc...

Pro level, follow-up etc... I recommend Axemble =)

2 Likes

Hello

Beyond the price considerations which I think will not fluctuate much between resellers (I imagine that there is a price more or less fixed by Dassault, like any product sold worldwide), pay attention to the services offered and ask the customers of these resellers in particular about the efficiency of the hotline.

From my experience and the experiences I have had on Lynkoa, if tomorrow I arrive in a company that wants to buy SW, I will go to Axemble without hesitation.

3 Likes

Good evening

For the sake of avoiding the passage from one reseller to another Dassault limits the competition.

Then with the buyout story (I think Cadware is taken over by Axemble) it limits much more.

and Last point so yes after December 31st we pay for one maintenance per year not taken but within the limit of a new license.=> is it also worth when the premium is at the expense of the standard? like the current promotion.

1 Like

Yes, @Gerald right, at the end of the year there are some rather interesting promotions.

As stated by @Benoit: not all resellers are created equal! You have to find out about the services etc.

I can see it with my girlfriend who goes through someone other than Axemble ... it frankly leaves something to be desired (lie about the care, pb reported solved when not, etc)

Similarly, I was able to do a job interview at one of them... It wasn't very, very glorious in the way it was done. To get paid to follow a training course that can potentially lead to hiring. It immediately sheds light on the philosophy and incompetences of some switchboards.

I don't know the backstage of Axemble at all, but it's been 3 or 4 different companies that I do that go through them. And overall, it's an excellent return:) (there are always a few cagades .. but that's normal^^)

@Gerald, Visiativ (Axemble) bought Imalia (Cadware).

In fact and for the moment, the 2 shops are still commercially separate, so there is nothing to prevent them from being consulted separately.

@coin37coin, I had to do an interview at the same house...

1 Like

And you too are psychologically blocked from buying from them? Does that reassure me^^

Hi all

I have taken stock of your various answers.

In the links I saw AJ solutions, referenced by dassault. I discovered that they have an agency right next to my house, very practical for training days. 

Regarding the prices of the licenses it is indeed the same according to the different quotes I got.

On the other hand, I don't usually see you talking about AJ solution on the forum, which seem quite serious?!

I am still waiting to take stock of a "tailor-made" training for the moment.

Thank you

@uettwiller.gaetan, they are probably very good: but they are not a "big" reseller. By that I mean that they are mainly established in FC Alsace and Lorraine... so it limits a little to know ;) (I think I came across them  in 1 box out of the 4 I made in Besançon.)

Now, as you say. They are right next to your home, which is convenient for responsiveness/training. Being a "small" is not necessarily a guarantee of poor quality

1 Like

@uettwiller.gaetan for information it may be possible that this forum is oriented axemble, because for my part it is through them that I was registered here. And I don't think I'm the only one.

What I liked most about axemble is the Mycadservice offer and all the utilities available. 

You have to find out what AJ offers.

Now the prices are equal but there are inequalities. For example I have a colleague who pays for his premium maintenance at the price of the standard one when it should be forbidden 

Why I don't know but if your supplier scratches on his margin you can negotiate.....

2 Likes