Reset Solidworks Settings

Hello

I'd like to know if anyone knows how to reset the Solidworks parameters to zero, without removing the license. 

Of course without having to reinstall the complete software.

Thank you and have a good day.

The register must be amended. But wait for the experts to change the right key...

2 Likes

I saw this on the Internet, but I'm afraid it will remove my license (which I don't have on me)

Hello

Go to regedit (start, run regedit) and then delete:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solidworks\SolidWorks .... depending on the version you want to reset.

When you restart SW, you will have the "factory" settings

The license keys are in another place, so no risks.

Kind regards

8 Likes

Hello

Rather than directly deleting the key, I advise you to rename it and then check that everything works correctly before deleting it.

3 Likes

Ideally, after a reset to "0", reconfigure your SolidWorks (Icons, system option,.....) and then make a backup of your SolidWorks environment. It avoids reconfiguring everything as soon as SolidWorks "screws up":

Note: to avoid going back to the registry to put SolidWorks back to factory settings, before customizing the software you can make a first backup of the settings.

See procedure below.

Here is the procedure to back up the settings:

Start

All Programs

SolidWorks XXXX

SolidWorks Tools

Assistance in copying settings

Select "Save Settings"

Then "Next"

Choose a name and location for the setup file (and keep the file warm !!!)

Check all the boxes

Then "Finish"

Here is the procedure to restore the settings:

Start

All Programs

SolidWorks XXXX

SolidWorks Tools

Assistance in copying settings

Select "Restore Settings"

Then "Next"

Give the name and path of the setup file (*.sldreg) and then "Browse"

Check all the boxes

Then "Finish"

assistance_pour_copier_les_parametres.doc
5 Likes

To complete what Benoit says,

Instead of deleting the registry key, you can rename it to SolidWorks(2) for added security.
When you reopen SolidWorks, a new SolidWorks key will be recreated in the registry, you do a test and if everything goes well you go back to the registry and delete the SolidWorks key(2)

cle_solidworks_hkey_current_user.png
4 Likes

Hello

I didn't try but in 

Tool > option > there is at the bottom restore

Does it work?

sans_titre.png
2 Likes

Exactly @m.anger, File, Options, Restore and then, it's up to you (see attached file).

Good luck

capture.jpg
1 Like

Thank you for all your answers, I renamed the registry folder, and here I have a RAZ.

Thank you again for all these clarifications!

Have a good day and see you soon.

FYI, if you want to go back to the default settings only once (valid for a reboot) you can do it with Solidworks RX which can be found in the Solidworks tools.

@BATCH123! : you have to close your question if everything is OK for you.

2 Likes