Fill out Solidworks drawings in pdf via excel

Hi all

I have a problem during my solidworks study, I create drawings for the manufacture of the parts necessary for the assembly of our machine

Via a visiativ utility I save all these drawings in pdf format to facilitate exchanges with our subcontractors

However I will need to add info in the cartridges of these pdfs via a bulk excel file

Are there simple solutions to do this?

Thanks in advance

it seems to me wiser to make these modifications in native SW drawing

and after copying it in pdf

@+

2 Likes

I agree today we automatically fill in the solidworks basemaps directly via a visual basic interface that prints our plans in bulk

Basically, the program creates a BOM of the assembly and then:

1/Open the drawings one by one,

2/ Fill the cartridge of it in auto

3/Print

4/Create a pdf and dxf file

5/Delete the info added in auto from the cartridge

This program suits us perfectly except that to modify it you have to know how to program on visual basic and that to print a file of 400 plans we take 4 hours

If you have the Visiativ tools you can export a bill of materials in excel format with smartbom, then export in pdf the MEPs with integration by filling in different things from your previously exported excel bill of materials (for us Name of the customer, business number, quantity and quantity per mark for your assembly.

On the other hand, in terms of time, you won't earn much. But in terms of programming, nothing more to do, integration allows you to establish rules without programming knowledge.

2 Likes

It's a solution to the worst I had thought of dedicating a PC just to do this manipulation so as not to waste half a day

1 Like

Hello

It is also possible, if you haven't already done so, to ask Visiativ to modify the utility you already have (which is a .swp macro or a .exe utility?) or actually use the tools of the MyCadTools suite if they correspond to your needs (I don't particularly know them).

But in either case I doubt that you can save much in processing time, 400 plans in 4 hours is not that long given the description of the processing, the longest being probably the loading of each plan in Solidworks, it would indeed be wise to dedicate a PC to the processing or launch this manip in the evening.

Kind regards

2 Likes

For processing, we have a station dedicated only to launching, for 1200 shots 4 to 8 hours depending on the size and complexity of the shots.

And for a faster processing you should prefer closed assembly at launch (with the assembly already open it's slower overall)

But with the 2020 SW and bulky designs opening at lightning speed, it should all be a lot faster!

1 Like

ok thank you for the advice 

To answer you d.roger indeed Visiativ can modify my visual basic program but it costs me quite a lot of 1200 euros a day each time

and we necessarily have less reactivity depending on the intervention time of the visiativ technician

1 Like