Making the room independent

Hello 

I have an assembly with a hundred parts (the same part) but with different configurations in very specific locations. I have to make each piece independent so that I can modify them independently, to assign slight modifications to each of them. I'm on Solidworks 2019 and I wanted to know if there's a way to speed up this task a bit. Each time I have to record this new independent piece and rename it.

@alexandreleroux18

Don't understand the question 

1 assembly that includes a hundred identical parts

and edit the parts independently 

Is it always the same modification?

@+

2 Likes

If there are configs in the room, I don't see the point of creating independent parts.

1 Like

@gt22

Yes, I have an assembly with a hundred parts with the same name but with different derivative functions (about 20) that are precisely owned. I have to make a slight change to each of them depending on its positioning in my assembly. For example, I have 10 X parts in configuration A but each configuration A must be modified differently. So I'm not going to make sub-configurations that are too heavy and long to do. 

So I make each piece independent and apply my modification. But this forces me to register each piece with a new different name and when you make independent you can only modify 1 component by 1 component. 

Am I making myself understood or not at all? haha 

I think I understand the problem 

I don't have a choice

you need to recreate sup configs

with a specific name

and change your assembly parts with the new configuration created 

1/1

@+ ;-)

1 Like

With this link you can find a macro that saves each configuration as an individual part:

https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/38620#comment-441591

I haven't tested it but there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

1 Like