Making an assembly smart

Hi all

I tell you my research...

In my company, we use intelligent components, like screw/washer/nut/ rotating flange etc..

These components are created through families of parts.

Example of the screw component:

a line in the part family corresponds to a length and a diameter. (HM10-40 screw)

So far we drag the components (from the design library) into our assemblies, and we set the size we want, thanks to the small drop-down menu in the window next to the slider. Example of the M10 puck. This washer comes to put this in coincidence and coaxiality on its own, then we lock the rotation.

Then repeat the action with a screw....

Today, we want to go further.

That is to say, for example: insert the washer + the screw in our assemblies, keeping the possibility of choosing the diameter and length.

After many tests, I manage to create a smart washer  + screw assembly. That is to say, this washer + screw assembly comes to be put in place on my hole, but I force to go to the tree on the left, and to manually choose the size of the washer and then the size of the screw.

I would like to be able to choose the diameter and length of the screw via the drop-down menu, and that the size of the washer is linked.

Once we have succeeded in this step, we will do the same with the washer + nut / Rotating flange with washers

Kind regards

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

In this case, if I understand correctly, you have to create all the configurations you can have in your screw in the screw+washer assembly