Making a component flexible

Hello

I set up a spring to facilitate a design in order to change its characteristics quickly (radii, lengths, turns)

I then wanted to try a simple assembly but I can't make my spring "flexible" under solidworks.

Right-click on my component, "component properties" and the flexible part grayed out under "resolve as..." cf image

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

flexible.jpg

The flexible mode is only available for subassemblies in order to maintain the degrees of freedom of the constraints ... So it's not applicable to a part-type component

1 Like

Hello

Because it's just impossible on a part.

This is only for sub-assemblies.

This means that, in the parent assembly, if you make a subassembly flexible, then you will be able to move a part of that subassembly individually into the parent assembly (and not the complete subassembly).

1 Like

Hello

Maybe by creating a spring + axle sub-assembly and constraining the spring with respect to the axle with an advanced distance constraint, it would then be enough to hide the axle and insert this entire sub-assembly into the main assembly?

This would make it possible, by making the sub-assembly flexible, to be able to compress and decompress this spring.

++

Making a component flexible does not mean that we will animate it. It's not Motion :-)

Yes yes of course, it is necessary to rebuild each time :)

Okay I had "mixed" a youtube video with my spring concept set but it doesn't work, too bad!

Thank you for your answers.