Making it virtual

HELLO

Is there an interest in making parts of an assembly virtual (time saving?, fluidity of the model?regeneration?)

I use it for our geared motors because I pick from the library for a type of MR and then I customize the designation of it in order to then retrieve it via our ERP.

No worries about heaviness or regeneration basically it comes down to the same as making a save as, except that the part is saved only in the assembly. The only constraint to find is if you want to use this virtual part in several assemblies for then it is better not to be virtual and make a save as.

EDIT: the weight of the part is included in the assembly, but it's faster than making a save copy as.

4 Likes

Hello

I don't know if making the coins virtual saves you time because it's a function I don't use. But if you really want to save time in fluidity and regeneration, I do it like this and it works great: 

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/tôlerie/solidworks-tolerie-liste-des-pièces-soudées

Hello

The use of virtual parts is not to lighten an assembly, it's to  make prototypes, to explore one idea rather than another while having the 2 parts. 

May the force be with you.

5 Likes