Mesh Wireframe Rendering

Can we have a wired mesh rendering with SolidWorks? Like the ones that are presented to make a technical impression in commercial brochures like Colgate with the guy in the white coat. I use the front curves but it's still a poor last resort. It is important not to validate them because this generates a lot of 3D curves which are useless in this case.

Thank you and have a good evening

maillage.jpg

Hello Pierre

The problem I see with your image is that it doesn't correspond to a classic mesh (as in simulation) in the sense that the meshes are mostly vertically oriented and with strongly parallel vertical lines for areas subject to little deformation.

I don't know the goal but the direct Mesh Editing function of SW in 2020 version does not seem to me to correspond to your needs anyway.

But we should look better at Grasshopper coupled or not with Rhino 6. I think your need is closer to the mesh modeling technique than to the mesh in the sense of SW.
With Grasshopper you can create grid patterns that you can then use to map an object that can be created either directly in Grasshopper or from another nurbs software.

Without indiscretion, if you can tell us what you want to achieve, it can help our colleagues to guide you better than I could.  ;)

Yours truly!

Kind regards

PS: I'm not in a mesh with Rhino;)

Hello

Native SW doesn't know how to do that.

SW+ an add-on named Power Surfacing is quite capable of editing these quad meshes. But this module is not cheap. It is still possible to install it for 30 days with all the features. Advantage, quick to get to grips with and converted the mesh into SW so solid volume editable.

Autodesk Fusion is an equivalent solution (heavier for my taste) and also paying.

In the long term, if you don't want a reliable and free solution, Blender is the answer. Very powerful but absolutely requires training because of the interface and ergonomics very complex and different from SW.  

3 Likes

Hello and thank you. But I'm furious, I made a long thank you reply to Zozo yesterday and I don't see her in the thread. Yet I had ticked everything well, the red lights and everything.

I said that I have a Power Surfacing license but that because I couldn't use it, the customer who initiated my purchase having changed his objective, I forgot about it a little. I'm going back!

Thank you and have a good day

1 Like

Hello @Pierre Mihailovic

For the lost answer, this is due to a Lynkoa bug that has been reported for a while now.

To overcome this risk, several of us make a copy of the message (Ctrl C) before posting. If this banana you make a new answer with Crtl V

When I forget and it gets waffled then I have the nine tantrums of the Tanic type.

Kind regards

2 Likes