Realistic rendering on drawing catia

Hello

I'm looking for an option that allows me to have the visual of a 3D with its realistic rendering or not during a catia drawing.

Thank you

Hello

In the drawings I don't know if it's really possible, or even useful insofar as you will fill in the type of materials. On the other hand, in your "Part" file you can assign a material and then ask for the realistic view, the icon is a kind of little cadrilled tube.

Dimitri

The objective is to have a document that is updated according to 3D evolution for a presentation. The outcome can be to take pictures from 3D but long when there are several scenes to be updated.

in a forum I found this 

Actually it's in the view properties, in Generation Mode, you have to choose Bitmap Image and choose the realistic rendering option.

1 Like

Is that it@Pompon

EDIT: on the other hand it doesn't take into account the "Textures"

2 Likes

http://www.lynkoa.org/forum/mises-en-plan/catia-v5-afficher-les-textures

Thank you franck but I don't have this option it's greyed out. Do you need a module?

No, no need for a specific MD2 module, it's enough.

Look if you have the same state under the options.

2 Likes

How to make a color view on a plan

Contents [Hide]

The article in video

Article summary

Of course, you have to start with the part in 3D (the Catpart or the Catproduct)

Catia V5 - Catpart de la bielle

and normally create a plane with a ctrl+N and then Drawing.

We project the necessary views.
In this example, we will use the isometric view to modify its graphical characteristics.

Catia V5 - Vues calssiques filaires exactes

To change the appearance of the view, you need to edit its properties.
In the " View " tab, you have to scroll down to the bottom and go from "Exact representation" (a vector) to "Bitmap" (pixels).
The Option button allows you to change the image type (from wireframe to "Realistic rendering with edges").

Catia V5 - propriété de la vue Bitmap rendu realiste avec arêtes

To have this image in color, you must also check this option:

Catia V5 - propriété de la vue Bitmap rendu realiste avec arêtes option couleur du 3D

Here is the result.

Catia V5 - propriété de la vue Bitmap rendu realiste avec arêtes option couleur du 3D resultat

This looks good but be careful, it is now only an image (i.e . pixels).
It is therefore no longer possible to place dimensions because it is no longer vectorial.

Conclusion

Yes, Catia also knows how to make this kind of color views but it is only interesting if there is a need to better present the product on the plan. This is therefore appropriate for an isometric view, for example, on which there are no dimensions to be placed.