Rename the names of the part blocks in a PRT and/or STEP file

Hello

One of our customers wants a 3D file of our products for them to integrate them into their assemblies.

So far, so good. Making a WWTP of an assembly is easy. But when the client opens the file with SW it recreates all the files in the assembly + the ASM file. To remedy this, I record the assembly as a part and then as a step.

But I notice in the tree that the blocks of the coins have the name of the coins plus other indications that I don't want to give to the clients.

Question: is it possible to rename these blocks (by a macro for example) without having to right-click, property and change the name by hand?

A generic name such as Piece+N° increment suits me very well.

Thank you for your answers

Kind regards

Why not make a takeaway composition to rename all the pieces 1,2, 3, 4... or in another way and then recorded the new assembly in room and then in part.

1 Like

Hello

Thank you sbadenis for your answer

I have about 50 pieces in my assembly. How to rename them quickly before making the takeaway composition?

Kind regards

Hello

after several tests you can save your assembly in .prt then you save it in STEP after you open your STEP and you choose the STEP as the file type then you go to the opening option and uncheck "import multiple bodies as parts" then you re-register it in STEP and there there will be no more information about the parts of the ASM. They will be called imported1 etc... It's several manipulations but it's still less complicated" than renaming all the parts...

1 Like

Hello

Thank you ac cobra for your answer

The procedure is a bit long but it does the job as I want.

Kind regards

2 Likes