Non-material information

Hello

I would like to be able to fill my part with information other than the material, for example, hardness, heat treatment,...

In addition, this information must be automatically present in the cartridge.

Does anyone know a solution?

Thank you in advance

Hello

We, we have created custom properties from "Property Form Editor" in order to complete our cartridges!

If you need more info on how it works, don't hesitate!

pp.png

Hello

With which software?

Hello

In solidworks, you need to create a model (part and/or assembly template) with your list of custom properties.

Then in the background map template, you have to link the texts with the custom properties (icon under the "angle" field, on the left)

All that's left to do is edit them in the part so that they are displayed in the cartridge.

With the Property Form Editor, you can, among other things, use personal lists.

proprietes.zip

Thank you for your answers.

It's true that the "Property Form Editor" is a good solution, I hadn't thought about it.

On the other hand, I have never used it to make a link between the part file and the automatic filling of the drawing block.

I admit I didn't understand everything about "Raimanu's" explanation in the sentence "Then in the template of the background, you have to link the texts with the custom properties (icon under the "angle" field, on the left)".

Could I have more explanation?

Ideally, you can use the SMARPROPERTIES utility to fill in custom information in your SolidWorks parts (sldprt).

http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tools-et-macros/utilitaires/utilitaire-smartproperties-2013.html

There is a bit of configuration work at the beginning (you can't hide it !!!), but you will pay for this time quite quickly.

Then in your cartridge (slddrw) you will have to retrieve these custom properties, for this here is a line that will help you:

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/recuperer-propriete-de-smartproperties-d-une-piece-dans-une-mise-en-plan

smartproperties.png
2 Likes

In the drawing:

Edit the basemap (right-click on the MEP, edit the basemap)

Put a text (a text box, empty or not)

Select it

Click on the "linked to property" icon

Select Property

Saving the basemap "File - save the basemap"

capture.jpg

Hello

To support flengender's answer, here is the help of smartproperties to show you what this application is capable of.

Personally, I went through it and I'm very satisfied with it!!!

smartproperties_fr.chm

Hello

To complete the above info:

Custom property information can be entered in each material in the SolidWorks Material Editor (custom tab).

This information can be copied into the document properties (and then displayed in MEP) with the SelectMaterials tool (tools that allow you to assign materials).

This feature will also be present in the next version of SmartProperties with the possibility to add a mini SelectMaterials to the mask to apply a material and copy the custom properties of the selected material to the document properties.

materials.png
6 Likes

At the moment, I don't have SmartProperties yet. So I'm trying to use the "Property Form Editor" to fill in the title block and the ePDM data.

Prossignol:

In my first approach, I had filled in the data in the "custom" tab of the material, but I couldn't extract the data to autofill in the cartridge and the ePDM

The problem is that when you apply a material directly in SolidWorks it doesn't create the information in the file's custom properties. This is why the SelectMaterials utility was partly created.

Then, once the properties have been created in the SW file, simply link them to the ePDM variables on your card

Attached is the documentation of SelectMaterials

Philippe

selectmaterial_fr.chm
5 Likes