Coordinate Systems and Axis Systems in an Assembly

Hello

When you create an assembly, there is necessarily a notion of landmarks.

Indeed, when I create a part inside my assembly, I can locate it by an absolute reference point linked to my assembly.

On the other hand, this absolute reference point linked to my assembly does not appear explicitly (visually).

Questions:

1) Is it possible to visualize this absolute coordinate system related to my assembly?

2) If this is not possible, is the only possibility to create a "Built" part with an axis marker inside?

Thank you in advance for your feedback

It seems to me that as soon as you have fixed your first piece

it is constrained via X Y Z = 0= origin

See SolidWorks toolbar

View / Origin tab

and you will see all the origin of the part in this assembly

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello

It is not impossible to visualize the origin of the CATProduct as long as you have not imported a first part.

I usually create an empty part in the CATProduct that I fix.

Then I import my first piece "Bati".

I constrain my room in relation to the empty room

Then I destroy the empty room and fix my first room (Building).

1 Like

Thank you Franck for your questions.

You are exactly what I was trying to know.

It is therefore interesting to create the "built-up" part.

On the other hand, I didn't understand the usefulness of the empty room. Can you tell me more about this piece so that I understand?

In fact, what I understand is its usefulness, knowing that the "frame" part that will be created will be directly positioned in relation to the absolute reference point of the assembly and therefore we know where.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Hello 

The empty part is mainly used to display the origin of the assembly.

If we design the built room from A to Z, in this case the empty room is not useful.

If we build an assembly but the "Frame" part or (support, base, etc.) already  exists, the empty part is used to position according to the desired ref in the assembly.

For example, a mounting plate that can be placed on the floor or fixed to the wall. There is little chance that it will arrive well oriented in the assembly (If this plate is the "Frame" part) I use the empty part as the "Temporary Frame").

1 Like

Super. Very clear.

I got it. Thank you for your explanations.