Repeating curved blades

Hello

I tried by several means to solve my problem without being able to do it by myself, so I submit it to you...

I would like to make a shape with several curved "blades" (drawing in attachment) by means of a repetition of a sketch or function (the goal being to have much more than on the sketch...). The constraints are that the ends of the "blade" are tangent to the normal of face 1 and plane 2.

Thanks in advance to those who will try!

Have a nice day!

sketch1.pdf

Hello

At first glance I would make the blades by a form of revolution with the stopping surface of the plane and therefore the starting surface the face of the block.

Then with a linear repetition (by unchecking geometry repetition)!

@+

Hello

Why not use the "Shift" function instead of repeating?

It would therefore be enough to create a first arc tangent to the 2 planes (in sketch of course), then to shift this arc several times according to the desired result.

This allows you to keep the constraints while shifting the features by a desired distance (unlike linear repetition which does not preserve the end constraints).

Good luck

Rather than doing a revolution function, I would go with an extrusion function instead. Then effectively a linear repetition by checking "Vary the sketch" and unchecking "Geometry repetition".

Kind regards

repetition.zip
5 Likes

Hello

Well done @jmsavoyat! I was trying with a swipe but the "Vary Sketch" option was grayed out so I couldn't use it. The same goes for a boss or a smoothing.

3 Likes

Thank you very much to all of you,

My problem actually lay in my way of understanding construction. I was thinking about bossing, but the repetition by varying the sketch doesn't work with this function...

Well done jmsavoyat!!

Thank you to everyone else too!