Linear cross-section pattern

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible in Solidworks Drawing to make a linear section pattern. 

Let me explain: I have a 700 mm long piece and my goal is to make sections every 4 mm of this part. Is there a function like in part to achieve a linear repeat.

Thank you for your future answers.

Hello

I have never heard of such a function in solidworks. In my opinion, the only solution will be to create a stitch and make a repetition every 4mm. Then you will have to create each section view so the positioning will be faster with the points already present.

I don't understand the question?

do you want to sausage your room every X m/m?

@+

1 Like

A solution that could be possible would be to create a configuration where you cut your piece every 4mm and you split this set to have them all next to each other

EDIT: Quite unstable solution in the end, but on the other hand you want 175 Cross-sectional view? 

1 Like

Yes, that's right, I need 175 shots that will be positioned every 4 mm.

The problem with the fractionator proposed by MaD is that my part is a part that corresponds to a forming tool so I have a top part and a bottom part with the metal pass in the middle.

But when I make a factionner it then gives me the upper part and the separate part while I want to have them together.

The only solution we found was to make manual cuts every 4 mm in the drawing.

show us a picture of what you want thank you

it will be + simple to answer

is it something like that

@+

Yes, that's it, that's the head, so as you can see, it's in two parts, but these two parts are made in the same part.

capture.jpg

Splitting is not possible because it gives the part in two parts as in the photo (a lower part and an upper part). However, I wanted the two together and not dissociated, which is why I wanted to make a plan with sections.

But if a repeat function existed it would help me

capture2.jpg

Hello

A stupid thing, but have you thought about saving your assemblies in parts, making your slices with a family of parts?

I've already had the opportunity to do more or less the same thing with a part where everything millimeters needed a cut, so I created a sheet in my drawing with the original view and the section view with a dimension and I copied and pasted the sheet, changing each time just the position value of the cut 

CF Attachment

coupe.zip

so after reflection 

Your part is a mold

you have 3 bodies

the male: the female; the room between the 2

in concrete you want to keep that

the male and female (awl/matrix) or all 3 parts

This is what is possible to do via a part

so if you save your assembly in part you should be able to do the same

The cut is made via a surface that I then thickened to create a volume

then via the OTIL combine material removal and select the pieces I wanted to keep

I managed to sausage this piece 

see attached file SW 2012

@+ ;-)

piece1_flotian_masseron1.sldprt

Hello, personally, for 175 cuts, I make a macro.

Record a macro and create your first cut. End the recording. Create a counter.

Encapsulate the code written by the macro recorder in a loop, move the counter value cut x 4mm, create a new sheet and add the section view to it.

I don't have the computer in front of my eyes, I'll have fun doing it tonight because it can be interesting for other people this kind of thing.

2 Likes

@industrialcadservices

if you can do a macro ok no problem

and thank you in advance

My solution works very well but it is true that it takes quite a long time to set up

I have a lot of experience as some would say ;-)

@Gt22: I know your method works, it's the first idea I had so :)

But when I read "MEP", I started crying. To make the mep of 175 pieces of pieces, I prefer to go to bed...

The macro recorder is very useful in this case even if the code provided is fine, it does the job :)

1 Like

The idea of the macro seems pretty good to me but I ended up making my cuts a long but doable one:)

All you have to do is click on the resolved button to the right of the answer that solved your question

@+ ;-)

PS show us the result

I'll show you the tiling because the goal is to then cut the parts with a laser