Curve/Sketch Driven Repeat

Hello

I want to do the repetition of a body (shoes in my case) following a curve that I don't know how to adjust
I have two front and left views to position the second pair, I tried with a spline but the pair is not normal to the body and does not reach the desired position, I tried to distort the curve but the function no longer works.
I'm working with SolidWorks 2023

Thank you

Hello @Farouk

If I understand correctly, you've already made the left shoe and you want to make a symmetrical one at the same time to have the right shoe.
And the icing on the cake (Santa Claus) you also want to place it in a place located in space that is not symmetrical to the right foot.

If I had to solve this problem I would proceed as follows.
I would create a symmetrical piece on the left with the technique that allows for independent living between the right and the left.
So you have two independent objects but which can be updated from the left if the shoe is changed.

After that, it is easy to reattach the new shoe to the ASM by locking it at three points on the man's plump body.

For this to be easy, you need to have three bodies (3 pieces), the body + a left + a right, all in an asm. Wanting to do everything in one piece is like complicating your life for nothing, especially since at the fab they will make at least three bodies anyway.

Kind regards

4 Likes

Hello @Zozo_mp thank you for your answer

Yes it's easier, but I try to keep the models on a single file but I can also do the symmetry and move it with the function move surfaces and bodies, but I wanted to learn new technique,
I work a lot with splines and nonlinear bodies/volume so I try to make modeling steps easier and faster.

Kind regards

Hello
Want to do everything in room mode? Why not?
It works very well with a controlled curve. You just have to tick the right options tg to the curve, normal to the face (guy's belly). But you have to go through the symmetry of the boot.

1 Like