Curve-driven repetition

==>gt22:  I can't download your part file.

I did the same operation as you on my side, and unlike you, the piercings deform quite a bit!! I tried all the available options!!

GT22 indeed the holes are always parallel but as Akram.Hedhli points out the deformed solution deforms the whole piec including the holes :/

1 Like

so to answer you both

Here is a cut of the part and the holes are not deformed ;-)

give you the SW 2012 file

piece_akram.hedhli.sldprt
1 Like

gt22 Thousand apologies the last time I used this tool everything was distorted that's why 

1 Like

no bleme @ MaD +1

Were you able to remove the attached file and then Akram told me that he can't?

@+ ;-)

1 Like

gt22 but I'm on SW2016 SP5

I can't get this result. For me, it also distorts the piercings.

For your gt22 file, we can see that it's a solidworks file, but when I want to download it, it's done as a .HTML!!!

show us a screenshot image of your feature manager when you distort the part to explain yourself

See the checkboxes circled in red

and my file is indeed a native solidworks SW 2012 file

maybe you don't import the file in SW format directly, it's up to you to see and know how you do it.

If you just click on the file you should see SW open in auto and see my part it seems to me

that's the reason for my request to @ MaD

what version do you have of SW

@+ ;-)

Precisely when I click on it, it's a web page with Code that opens.

I'm on SW2017. But don't worry, I'll recreate the file myself, and try all the options again.

get22 and MAD: Thank you very much for this exchange.

sans_titre.png
1 Like

All you have to do is click on the resolved button to the right of the answer that solved your question

@+ ;-)

PS show us the result

Hello

I couldn't find a suitable answer. Here is my problem:

I'm trying to repeat an extruded pattern along a spiral. I would like to get a "continuous line" connecting all these patterns and mastering these connections.

The radius of my balance spring is tightening from the outside to the inside. I thought I could vary the radii  of each sketch along my curve but the option is grayed out. Am I using the right method? Can we also vary the spacing between occurrences (I see a constant spacing box but nothing happens).

Kind regards

test.sldprt

Hello@FRX

You should open your own topic rather than digging up a topic from 2017. (please do it)

That said, to answer your question, it's normal that you don't achieve the desired result.

Indeed, from the beginning on sketch 3 you put an arc of 44.xxx° and it has not escaped you that for a spiral the radius varies constantly. Your radius of 44.55487149 is already wrong in the next two steps.

It is necessary to proceed in 3 steps

1. Spiral alone
  2. Add the three-branch thing (the cactus)
  3. Repeat on a curve

In the attachments you have the different steps!

And wow!!!!! ;-)

Kind regards

2020-05-02_19_33_47-solidworks_premium_2019_sp5.0_-_test.sldprt.zip

Thank you@zozo_mp

I'll finish on this thread for my question.

Indeed, this allows you to have a clean spiral. However, is there a way to vary the spacing between the occurrences and/or the sketch values?

We realize that the smaller the radius of the spiral, despite the constant chord (distance between patterns), the more widely spaced the patterns seem. 

Kind regards

Hello FRX

I just looked at it at great length and in detail and I don't understand why there is a drift from the first duplication of the body when the elements all point towards the center of the spiral.

I recreated the sketch by making a body and no longer a sketch made of three lines with a thin thickness. You will note that even with a body it doesn't change anything.

I checked  in two ways by a theoretical sketch and by lengthening your cactus with a needle that points to the center of the spiral. (look at the image)

What I don't understand is that from the first duplication it doesn't respect the requested interval dimension.

I've tried everything, I can't understand the logic. I even tried to fix the number of occurrences as an integer submultiple of the length of the curve.

Let's wait and see if one of our colleagues more talented than me finds the explanation or at least explains the logic to us.

Kind regards

PS: you know that the solved topics are most of the time not read, by the strong guys of the forum so if you don't have any other answers open a new thread

Hello as @Zozo says

opens another communication thread

and asks the question again

' What is your exact request

regularly rehearse your piece at = distance?

@+