Thread performance

Hello

When we make a representation of threads on a round by selecting the ISO standard for example then mechanical threads and in my example an M8x1, there is an associated text at the bottom of the window.

However, in order to customize certain screw passages, we have copied the ISO standard in ISOxxxx and in this ISOxxxx standard, the associated text no longer appears and is no longer recoverable in a MEP using the right click insert a symbol.

Do you know why (missing a file to copy...)

Hello

Is it the same when clicking a face rather than an edge?

Otherwise, you can try to modify the calloutformat.txt file (having made a copy before) that you can find here:

C:\Program Files\ [ SolidWorks Version ]\SolidWorks\lang\english

1 Like

What I don't understand is that if I select the ISO standard, it works, but if I select the ISOxxxx standard, the associated text is no longer existing while the ISOxxxx standard is a copy of the ISO standard.

Otherwise I had already looked quickly at this calloutformat.txt and calloutformat_2.txt file but I can only find the drilling and tapping not the thread representations (I did a search in the 2 files of the word thread and found nothing)

Hello

Can you put your piece online so we can take a look?

1 Like

The problem comes not from the part but from the ISOxxxx standard that we copied and modified from the toolbox, in my opinion there is a file that is not true.

The question is purely can we add or modify the associated text or change the link of this associated text in a standard that we have to copy from the toolbox.

Hoping I have been clear...

I just wanted to check because you have to click on the 3/4 of a circle and then right-click insert a symbol. At home it's also greyed out but we can still get the annotation....

representation_de_filetage.docx
1 Like

In the ISO standard it's grayed out but in the ISOxxxx that we copied there is no more text (empty box) but the box is grayed out so impossible to modify it so we can't insert annotation since the box is empty. (on the image it is the original ISO standard)

And when you go to the MEP with the ISOxxxx standard, it's impossible to even insert a symbol, whereas with the ISO standard no problem.

I have the same problem

So maybe that's the normal behavior of SolidWorks...

After consulting the hotline it's a SW bug

After consulting the hotline it's a SW bug

3 Likes