SolidWorks 2015 1.75mm thread representation

Hi all

I'm looking for a solution to make a thread representation on a 12mm axis with a pitch of 1.75

SolidWorks 2015 only offers me a thread of M12x1.5 or M12x1.25 in ISO.

How do you represent a thread with a pitch of 1.75mm?

Marc

1 Like
Hello, we can edit the text of the annotation. But I think you have to do it every time, it's complicated to change it by default.
1 Like

Thank you for your feedback...

So to put it simply, if SolidWorks is not able to offer a representation of the thread in M12x1.75 by default,  on this condition I have to draw and create a real thread!

Can we consider the incomplete thread representation function for the non-referencing of the M12x1.75?

Marc.

capture_filetage.jpg

Hello

I don't have SW15, but something bothers me in your question: an M12x1.75 is actually an M12 with a standard pitch!

In the drilling wizard, these threads are designated as "M12" without pitch precision, since it is standardized to 1.75.

Wouldn't you have just an "M12" on your list?

10 Likes

Hello

I totally agree with Benoit.

When it is not specified, the standard "coarse" pitch applies (in metric file at least). In this case, 1.75 for M12. The pitch is only specified for "fine" threads.

Good evening

Indeed, the M12x1.75 thread is a standard pitch for this diameter.

In the drop-down list I have the simple "M12" reference. Therefore, it is the standard thread for a 12mm axle.

Well seen and thank you Benoit! 

1 Like

@ helary.marc @ Benoit deserves the right answer

@+

Hello

+1 for Benoit

On the other hand, to answer the question of representing threads that are not in the solidworks database, I go through the TOOLBOX handler in which I add the missing thread. (see example with the M12x1).

On the other hand I'm in SW2012, I guess it hasn't changed for SW2015.

Have a nice day 

filetage.jpg
4 Likes