Represent the output of a tool on a net

Hi all

On one of my pieces I have to make an inner net. So I used the thread tool from SolidWorks in M8. Obviously I'm not happy with the end of the thread so I'd like to represent the output of the tool at the end as I've done in other cases: 

But in this situation I don't see how to do it:

I thought about converting the profile of the end of the thread and connecting the 4 points into a single point but I don't know how to do it.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Bonour,

In the logic of things, I would say circular groove for tool clearance, so normally your net and cut by this groove. Otherwise 3D sketch and extension of an edge of the net.

1 Like

Since it's not a tool clearance but just the end of the thread, I would do the chamfer after the thread and extend the thread

2 Likes

What is the objective? Should this net be open, or stop at the level of the image? If it has to be open, you should have shifted your profile sketch and the spiral before attacking the volume body, or you should have started your spiral earlier but by managing the step to fall back on your profile sketch and during the sweep it is possible to go in both directions. but it's DIY... Of course all this if the spiral is not conical (like NPT)...

The easiest way is really to anticipate the entry of the net  from the sketch of the profile with a linear repetition according to the pitch, and pass these repetitions into construction lines to place the profile where you want it (think of the drawing...)

1 Like

Good evening

No better than the others:)

In the thread tool, reposition the thread sketch. If that's not enough, shift the start of the fillet in the options and correct the length.

This function is really very practical but I think they forgot a bit of it in xd encoding).

An area for improvement.

3 Likes

I did one not long ago.

1 Like