Reproducing sheet metal

Good evening everyone

I have  a semi-circle sheet , I would like to copy this sheet to the int or ext diameter, to obtain a thicker sheet , this sheet has openings on its perimeter,  this sheet after having been created will have to be a part without its model?  I don't know how to do it I insert the part in question, Thank you for your answers.

Marco

tole_guidage-30.sldprt

Good evening 

we don't all have the same version or log

so a picture would be welcome

Now without seeing anything you want a thicker sheet metal

If you know the right refs either on the outside or inside side

You have to create another piece

To do this, simply create a surface with a minimum offset

and then thicken to the desired thickness

And convert to sheet metal 

@+

3 Likes

Hello gt22, I tried with an offset surface, well its create the surface, but then impossible to convert it into sheet metal?

I put screenshots if it can help?

capture_decran_24.png

Hello

Thickening is not a problem, just change the thickness.

==> bent  base sheet ==> sheet metal parameter ==> check override default settings ==> change from 2 mm to the desired thickness ==> validate

On the other hand (if I may say so) it is your repetition of a material removal that is problematic because you made your plan too far from the sheet metal but above all it makes you like a cone trunk which is not in line with reality (it all depends on the final thickness (here I put 10 mm which is a lot).

On the other hand, the flattening is in line with reality if laser cutting for example. So if your sheet metal serves as a guide in your asm, you may have  surprises if you put constraints on the cone trunks and the shaped model is not in line with real life. But it may not matter if laser cutting is OK.

Kind regards

tole_guidage_2020-09-05_10_24_14-window.jpg
3 Likes

Hello to all

for Zozo mp the purpose of this maneuver is to be able to recover a sheet metal with the same dimension of the notch so that it can be juxtaposed in int dimension on the sheet metal that I sent you to be able to stiffen it for me, because my punching machine does not pass 10mmm thick, It will be welded to form a thicker sheet. Have I made myself understood? Finally thank you for your answers.

Marco

Well no, it's not clear

Let's summarize

1°) You want to thicken a sheet metal  = it's possible - see my previous message where I didn't change anything to your file except the thickness!

2°) you want it to be a sheet = it remains a sheet even once thickened! Simply change the diameter of your primary sketch so that the inner or outer radius fits the other part already in shape (depending on whether your reinforcement is inside or out. You also have to change the step of the circular repetition (nothing very complicated)

3°) I also show you that without changing anything in your model you can also have the flattening. (see attachment)!

4°) SUMMARY: you can have your part flat before bending or rolling once it is shaped which will fit the other part perfectly and this is on the internal or external diameter of the other part. You make the first piece and then the second but shifted by the value of the internal or external radius

Kind regards

PS: you want a model? 

tole_guidage_vue_depliee_2020-09-05_10_24_14-window.jpg
2 Likes

@Marc

If I understood you!  ;-) that's what it should look like ;-)

Kind regards

PS 1: thank you for the "likes"

PS 2:
[HS On]
Each part is 5 mm (10 mm in total) but you can do 10 mm + 10 mm under solidworks but at the Fab it's going to be a different story because your slots are only 13 mm so if cold bending = not nice or even deformed
[HS /Off]

tole_guidage_en_deux_parties_-_2020-09-05_10_24_14-window.jpg

Thank you Zozo mp

You understood well for the realization I will croquet in a square of 10, yes you know it's not too orthodox but it's that an aluminum part is just to stiffen the base and thank you for the handling.

Marco.