Replicating a warehouse

Good evening dear friends

I have 3 friends (a mason, an electrician and a jokey disc) who are planning to set up a warehouse..... And as if by chance he asked me to make them the plans of the building....

Do you have any information to give me on the method for the realization of these diagrams. And to push the vice I really want to do it under SW 2014 (just to get my hands dirty) 

I had thought of making a part for the concrete slab, then gluing a 3D for the SB beams that make the structure and finally gluing the Sheets on the assembly on the whole.

I know how to build machines, do mechanical assembly.... but now I feel playful 

Good evening

I don't see what help you should need, you know how to use SW, so it doesn't seem too complicated, on the other hand it's a good challenge, if it's not confidential it would be nice to put the result on the forum!

1 Like

My concern is more about the real effect, for example where to find metal sheets? (except at Bricotruc lol) 

If you have any links for materials or what has to do with sheds, doors, algeco, so many small libraries that could simplify my life (brave but not reckless)

Hi @ SEPM

See attached links

https://grabcad.com/library/steel-hangar-1

http://amsections.arcelormittal.com//fileadmin/redaction/4-Library/2-Steel_research_reports/1-Steel_structures_EC/ESE/ESE_Strategies_Report_FR.pdf

http://www4.ac-nancy-metz.fr/echanges-pedagogiques-btp/?q=node/253

http://www.constructalia.com/francais/design_software/logiciels_pour_le_calcul_et_le_dimensionnement_de_structures_en_acier

with these  refs you should get by, 

for buildings to make

- a 3D panel

- construction of a farm

- Joist construction

- ribbed sheets

hoping to see some of your problem solved

@+ ;-)

Hello

Nothing better than Grabcad to find 3D files of anything and everything.

For the building drawing, the 3D will certainly be realistic but I think that the 2D plan will be much more usable.

Otherwise, working as a duo with your mason friend seems to be the best thing from a technical point of view.

I draw a lot of frameworks outside of work and the carpenter's help is always a plus, nothing replaces experience.

Otherwise very nice project, to be followed if possible.

Quick question: who is going to apply for the building permit? If that's the case, I'll go back to my idea of 2D (possibly mating to 3D).

Good luck:)

3 Likes

Hello

I'm just not sure I understood correctly: are you designing an existing building or are you creating from scratch?

If it is a question of reproducing an existing one, with a few surveys, this should not pose any problems. If everything has to be created, the methods of assembling and designing a steel frame can be quite different from a machine.

On the other hand, from my point of view, the big change is likely to be rather at the level of the calculations which are quite specific since it is necessary, in particular, to take into account the external conditions with many combinations. If you don't have someone who is used to this kind of calculations or an adapted software (robot type) it can quickly become a hassle ...

For the sheets, think about the texture, because if the building is made of corrugated iron and they are all represented yes yes yes yes the size of the final file.

5 Likes

If the building exists, the easiest way is to take all the dimensions with a laser, and to draw the building in volume, all that remains is to download the interior elements (furniture etc.) to make the partitions, etc. You can add lighting and make renderings to see the areas etc..

If the entire building has not been touched, no need for a building permit (inquire anyway)

Good luck for the rest

Denis

1 Like

I think that if there is a slab, posts and a roof, there must not be any existing :)

Edit: Hey well no, it's existing:D

Hello

Thank you for the answers and in particular the links from Gt22 (who answers first on the links so you note it as an answer)

For the building it is existing... It is a shed with sheet metal and a totally empty SB beam framework. 

The idea is to set up a car garage with workshop, office and showroom (hence the "disc jockey" light installer lol)

The goal of 3D is to bring back to 2D in section (that's how I did it for my house) and to be able to present the project to the end customer.

@Jose/@Dupusel, I think it will be necessary to have a permit because it will be necessary to add openings such as large doors and windows

it's not a permit since it exists but a change of use see the link

http://www.extranet.nouveaupermisdeconstruire.gouv.fr/2-1-02-le-changement-de-a1272.html

be careful not to fall into the trap of public buildings (establishments open to the public) there the rules are strict 

to not be in..... try to keep the existing (external appearance) as much as possible if this existing one is closed

made some pictures and posted them 

@+ ;-)

@Gt22 I know what you're talking about, in my youth I participated in the creation of a discotheque so the rules of electrical safety passage etc.... I've had a good supper (recutting an old-fashioned stone wall because there is a lack of 5cm of passage for a wheelchair for example)

1 Like