Material removal

Hello

My problem today is that I have to do a CAD similar to the product made in the workshop, but I'm stuck on an operation.

Indeed, a 2.5mm removal of material is carried out with a file on a double-curved surface and I can't simulate this operation on CATIA. I add as an attachment a .step of a similar piece.

I don't have a flat surface to perform an operation so I tried to make 2 parallel curves that I will use to make a cutting plane but there too I am stuck because they do not go all the way. So I tried to make extrapolations but there another problem appears, since the whole thing is curved, the extrapolations do not follow the surface and therefore go either in the matter or outside the panel.

Thank you for your help

poche_en_courbure.stp

Hello

The idea of the two curves is good but if you want to remove 2.5 mm of material uniformly, an extrapolated surface shift is simpler.

The first extrapolation of the extracted surface area treats the end to be extended.

The second extrapolation the other three ends .

As much as possible, continuity "in curvature".

1 Like

Thank you for your answer franck.ceroux,

Your message has helped me a lot. It's mainly that I had shortcomings with extrapolation and that I didn't use the "offset" tool but "displacement". I managed to redo your approach, I just have to try it on the real product.

I'll keep you posted.