Breaking ties during a takeaway composition

Hello

Is it possible to break the bonds of a part-take-away composition or assembly when transferring the parts to SolidWorks?

Thank you for your help.

Have a nice day

14-5652-c0-image-0012015-01-15.jpg

If you uncheck the items not to be "taken away", isn't that enough?

At worst, delete the remaining elements when re-opening the new model and then save

4 Likes

What do you mean by breaking ties? A take-away composition is made to preserve them!

Or do you want to break the internal links to the parts?

5 Likes

Hello

If you choose to rename or add a prefix or a subfix when composing to take away, there is no longer any link.

The only problem if you don't rename is when files have the same names, and they are already open in SolidWorks, SolidWorks will keep the old links.

2 Likes

Some parts can keep relations with others that I don't necessarily export hence the "?" after the name of this piece.

Bart, that's what I do, but it was to find out, if there wasn't a faster way and to do everything at the same time, instead of selecting function by function...

Benoit, I want to remove the links of a coincidence, for example, of a footing of a block that I am exporting that is related to a part that I am not exporting.

I hope to be understandable.

Thank you for your answers. 

It's clearer. Have you looked at MyCADTools tools? Integration may have a function to break the links.

You could thus launch Integration after a take-away composition with a setting that goes well.

To be checked.

If you master macros, that's also a way out.

1 Like

No I haven't looked, I'll look in "MyCADtools" so.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Have a nice day

2 Likes

There is a macro available here that allows you to break all the links in an assembly  :

https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/34142

See the second message where the macro is updated.

I just checked in Integration, and you can list the external references (and create a report), but not break them...

Excerpt from the help:

The document has external references

ParentPrevious Next

The document under test is a part, assembly, or drawing.

External reference checks.

Checks if the locations are valid (existence of a document), with the option to search for referenced documents:

- only in the location saved in the document

- to the location saved in the document and based on the search rules specified in the SolidWorks options.

Then the search level for the control can stop at the first level or go down all levels.

Hello

With a recent version of SOLIDWORKS (new in 2014 I think), you can open the new assembly, right-click on the name of the assembly at the top left and then select: List external references, you will find the usual window, but this one will contain all the files that contain external references, so you can break all in this window

See attached screenshot

Mickael

refs.png