Breaking a Part Symmetry in SolidWorks

Hello

I created a part with the Symmetry function on SW, so I have two symmetrical and linked parts,  so far so good.

I need to change only one of the two pieces and I want to break the link between the two.

I haven't found how to do it, if you can tell me the solution.... I'm a taker.

Thanks in advance

Hello

Here is the answer: http://help.solidworks.com/2013/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Mirror_Part.htm

Look at point 4

1 Like

When you are in the sym room, right-click on the symmetric function then go to list external references then click on break all and that's it. I'm making a file to show you.

rompre_relation_dune_symetrie_de_piece_dans_solidworks.docx
3 Likes

That's what @ac 427 cobra is all about

1 Like

Hello

Thank you for this quick and accurate answer, but I don't have the 'list external references' line when I right-click .

doc1.docx

Hello

It's because you've made a body symmetry in the room and a part symmetry. What is your need??? If you want to delete holes, you can use the delete face function and select the int face of the hole(s) and check delete and fill in the gaps.

I just need  to have a setup with the right piece, another with the left piece, and a third setup with both pieces.

When I delete the source part in one of the configs, the symmetry also disappears.

Thank you 

In this case remove the body and not the part in the volume  body click must and eff/supp the body and the same for the other configuration

Then in your config you put the body-erase function in the deleted state or not depending on what you want as on the attached image

1 Like

Thanks to ac cobra 427  for the various answers  and thanks to sbadenis for the solution.

Remember to validate sbadenis as the best answer by clicking in the link of his answer ...