Schutt

Hi all

Does anyone have a 3D library of forge elements from Schuut / Grande Forge, I managed to find one in 2D but it doesn't help me that much.

Yours sincerely

Hello

If you buy the elements from them you may just have to ask them, I see that they draw in 3D, no need to redo the work if it's already done!

I've already asked them, for 2D no problem, but they refuse to provide 3D for risk of copies.

When you want to copy, you just have to buy a copy and scan it or take the quotes. On the other hand, a 3D file facilitates the study work and therefore increases the sales volume. You have to give them this argument and possibly ask them for a slightly simplified 3D (general form)

1 Like

If you already have the 2 D with dimension and several views 

you have to do the 3D it's not very complicated 

It is true that depending on the pattern and shape it can take some time

show an example of what you would like  in 3D

@+

I have some models that are easily reproducible from 2D, especially with sketch images.

But for some bars such as those attached, it is practically impossible.

Thank you for your answers

img_20200305_111815_5.jpg

Not simple but not impossible 

@+

1 Like

@ g.masson_1

for example to optimize but it's starting to do it

it's clear there is time spent on it

@+ ;-)

As gt22 says, it's not impossible. And you get nothing for nothing. The real thing to know is why you want 3D files: visual? Of the assembly? You may not need the exact rendering but only the general dimensions. With us, the parts that we design and sell have a "customer" configuration where we come to keep the outer envelope and cheat on the geometry that we don't want to reveal and that are under patent. But we can still send a 3D file to the client, which makes it much more professional and is more and more in demand! 

3 Likes

Thank you for your answers,

It is mainly visual in order to offer customers a realistic rendering on their facades.

But yes Yohan5555, I asked them as an envelope but it's not their policy apparently.

It is true that this is a real argument 

and considerable help with sales

so yes it's possible but it's not free 

To know if it's worth the investment????

@+