Contour selection

Hello

I want to copy the contours of a face in order to integrate them into a new sketch with the convert entities tool.  The problem I have is that if I select the face, only the external contours of the face are selected. For the internal contours, I have to manually select them one by one in a second step, which is prohibitive for the rest of my design. The selection must be automatic and exhaustive. There are a thousand ways to get around this problem, but in this case I have to avoid it.

Does anyone know a way to select all the contours automatically?

Thank you and have a good day

question_selection.pdf

Hello

You have to select the holes one by one (or the faces that make up the holes), no other possibility.

Hello

Possibility now existing in SW2016.

@+

2 Likes

Hello

Try to see by selecting the sketches, you create the sketch on the desired face and then you select the sketches of the extrusion as well as the sketches of the holes by clicking on both using CTRL and then you convert them.

I think Coyote has given the answer. I have SW 2015 and the possibility only seems to be offered in 2016.

The manual selection of the interior contours proposed by PL and ac cobra 427 does not work in my case (this is what I specified in my question). Indeed, the number of ears is variable. If I select 4 holes manually and then rebuild with 8 ears, I would still only have 4 holes and not one more. On the other hand, if I put in my new version 3 holes it would work (3<4). But the goal is to make a model that works in all cases without having to touch anything other than the Excel table that controls the whole thing.

I'm going to make a complete volume (housing + cover), generate the ears with the holes by repetition following a curve and then split and make two separate but related parts that I'll integrate into an assembly. It will be faster than buying 2016 and its 2-ball ergonomics.

Thank you all

1 Like

Yes, good answer from Coyotte!

There is also the solution of linking the pieces together by equations. You create an ear with a hole in your housing and you do the repeat as you did before, then you create your piece that comes to fit it and you copy the sketch of the 1st hole and you do what you have to do and you also do a repeat and after that you double click on the repeat function and you link them. You take the one that fits and double click underneath, the number and spacing will appear and you will click on it and put =then click on the corresponding dimension in the other room. This will be done in the assembly of course... And the number and spacing will be related from one room to another.....