Selecting an order

Hi all

Since my change of version (2020 in 2021), with each command or almost I am forced to select the desired  command 2 times (for example "save"), there I have the menu that unfolds and offers me "save"; "save as"; "Save all". The same goes for the "print", "open" and other commands.

Before, and since the previous versions, if I clicked on "save", it recorded without manip. additional. If I wanted to "save as", then I went to the small arrow to the right of the chosen icon and I selected my choice.

How do I get rid of this double command? I went into the options but I can't find it?

While waiting for a solution, I wish you a good end of the afternoon

Good evening

To better understand the problem, can you specify whether you are on an individual workstation or in a network (and PDM or not).

Kind regards

1 Like

Thank you for answering me

At home I have a student version and at work I have an education version because I work in a training center

I have the latest version on the 2 stations and I have the same problem

Hello

If you're talking about the "Save" icon, it's probably the one with the drop-down menu that's there by default. It is one of the icons in the "Drop-down toolbars" category

If so, replace it with the one in the "standard" category

2 Likes

Otherwise the old ctrl+s can save you.

1 Like

Bravo @soring 

You had to know this one        (I'm not talking about Ctrl+S which is a windows function by API)

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello 

Thank you for answering me. 

I'm going to try this as soon as I have  a moment.

As Bravo says, if you don't know, you can't find it.

Thank you again...

I'll get back to you as soon as I tried. 

Have a nice day 

So, I just tried but when I replace the "save" icon, I no longer have the little arrow to the right of this icon which allows me to choose for example "save as".

I have the same problem when I make a circle or a line or others, when I click on one of these icons it systematically offers me the drop-down menu without me clicking on the little arrow. I'm wasting a lot of time...

If "Save" and "Save As" are the two commands to use, why not add both. 

No room?

1 Like

Yes, it's a way around the problem but in the end I end up with a screen full of icons.

Weird, I didn't have this problem before...

My colleagues don't have this phenomenon and don't find the way to use it.

Hello

One of my colleagues has the same problem, I had to save my system data to remove this problem. So no drop-down menu or request to overwrite/save as. 
But beware of the handling error with this kind of method.

For sketch shortcuts there is a super useful function for the 'regulars'/new generation:

Long click and you move to what you have put on order it saves a lot of time and you have from 2 to 12 possibilities (personally I don't even use the 8 ...)

For error messages otherwise look in the system options, otherwise ask a colleague to save his system config and you get it back.

2 Likes

Good evening Mandrake,

I'm just reading your message.erci for having looked into the subject.

I'm looking into this as soon as possible and I'll keep you posted...

Good evening to you 

To check if this is from your profile (corrupted when you changed versions), you can try a profile reset.

https://www.lynkoa.com/sites/default/files/questions/answer/07/09/2015/reinitialiser_les_parametres_de_solidworks.pdf

If the save button works again, it comes from your profile which is buggy.

If the bug persists it comes from Solidworks and you can put back your initial profile

In general, in this kind of case, this is the 1st thing that the hotline asks to do to check if it comes from solid or profiles.

1 Like

Bo day sbadenis,

Thank you for your help.

I think I have enough elements now to correct the problem, cz which I will do soon. 

I will close the question so as not to monopolize the site.

I'll get back to you in a post to keep you posted.

Thank you all and have a good day