Automatic sheet printing selection

Hello

Is there a setting on each sheet of a drawing to automatically exclude it when printing as a pdf?
Some of our plans include several sheets, one or two of which (it varies) are used for manufacturing, the others are only present for the work phase of the BE, but which must be kept.
We use programs related to our PLM for the automatic generation of pdf files, so it is difficult to go through the interface of the " pdf printer" to choose the pages to be printed, this interface is " invisible " to us.
Do you have an idea?
Thank you

Hello

An idea that is not too complicated (but which may require updating your files): give a name with an identical header to all the sheets you don't want to print (like " BE- ").
Make a printing macro that looks for the header and excludes this sheet when printing (there are loops and conditions so it requires a small level in VBA).

3 Likes

Hello
If it is a task that takes care of it in the PDM sense, you must go and modify the parameters of this task provided that your sheets are always named in the same way.

2 Likes

It's an idea... but the generation of the pdf, a priori, is managed by our PLM (Visiativ PLM) and we don't have too much control over it to make changes. I think I'm going to get closer to the DEV team in Visiativ...
And on top of that, I'm not very good with macros :wink:

1 Like

As answered to froussel, we use Visiativ PLM. What is possible in PDM is not necessarily feasible in Visiativ PLM!!

1 Like