Brushing Sense Sheet Metal

Hello

I would like to integrate a brushing direction into my sheet metal part so that when I take out the dxf plans of my parts they put them in the right direction for laser cutting. I saw him the other day by chance but unable to find him again.

Thank you

Hello

I rather have the impression that it's a function of the nesting and cutting optimization software (so external to SW) in which you specify the nesting rules.

But I could be wrong because my suppliers do the cutting with their nesting software which is not always the same from one supplier to another. I only specify the direction of orientation of the fiber (direction of lamination) that I want.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Personally, when I need to indicate this information, I just put a note or a block (depending on the client or the mood of the day (itself varying with the temperature)).

5 Likes

I too, when I needed to specify it, I simply put an arrow with "brushing direction".

To my knowledge, SolidWorks does not allow this to be done via a function.

4 Likes

we draw a B in material removal, which we place after the unfolded state function.

(finally we drag the function via the ;) library)

If the B is clearly legible, it is because it is the right side.

Geoffrey, the subject is more about the sense of brushing than the face.

Hello gentlemen!

I came back to the box I had seen the other day!

When selecting the unfolded state of the piece, it is possible to give it the direction of the grain!

(well indeed my part has an error...)

1 Like

We can't see very well on your picture which is quite small ;-)

It can only be done in an unfolded state, too bad!

Thank you for the feedback.
The site is not ideal for displaying images, so could you attach your screenshot to your message?

You have to edit the function of the unfold state

2019-11-22.png
1 Like

It's better ;-)

On the other hand, brushing can be viewed on the screen and on a plan after editing this function?

I just did some tests and nothing at all. if anyone ever manages to find out what exactly it's for.

On the 3D nothing is shown, nor on a plan view in the unfolded state

And even when exporting in dxf with sheet metal manufacturing...

I have the impression that it's useless.

2019-11-22_2.png

Photo 2

2019-11-22_3.png