Meaning of the Yellow Exclamation Mark in Front of a Part and a Constraint in CATIA

Hi everyone; I use CATIA V5 for the design of the solid parts of my project. There is a yellow exclamation mark that appears in front of the main body of my piece (see photo) in Part Design. Is it possible to explain the meaning to me please? Note: This point did not appear in front of the part in Assembly design. On the other hand; Do you know what it means to see the same exclamation mark in front of a constraint in Assembly Design? Thank you in advance for your help. Kind regards; Manel
catia_galet.jpg

Hello

It seems to me that it is to point out a problem, see your question mark on sketch 1

2 Likes

Hello, this is a broken link warning symbol.

You must have built this part in an assembly context (outside of this context this link does not find this reference)

The PB seems to be located on your Sketch.1 

3 Likes

Hello

I don't remember under Catia, but isn't there a tooltip  when you hover the mouse over the exclamation mark that would give a clue to the problem?

1 Like

Hi all

According to the screenshot, we are in a room (CATPart) and not an assembly.

The problem is actually in the sketch, because there is also an exclamation mark on the icon.

This can be from an unclosed profile, you need to edit the sketch and fix the problem.

To find the problem, once edited, just go to the Tools + Sketch Analysis menu.

The function tells us a lot about the problem(s).

Good luck

Paschal.

2 Likes

Thank you all very much for answering my question. 

Indeed, I found that the sketch is on constraint. That was the problem. 

@FUZ3D: If I hover the cursor, no info bubble appears. 

Good afternoon;

Kind regards

Manel

Hello, unless I'm mistaken, the answer to the question " do you know what the appearance of the same exclamation mark means in front of a constraint in Assembly Design" was not given: 

For your information, this has no  connection with design in the context of assembly.

-> it is a problem with an assembly  constraint that cannot be respected because one of the input elements is non-existent. For example, one of the constrained elements has been destroyed (e.g. a construction plan that had been used is destroyed).

The result is the same if a part that was used to position another has been destroyed by means of constraint. The component has been removed, but the constraint has not.

A geometric impossibility would have given a symbol of a small tornado (pb of unsatisfied update) next to the constraint.
Good luck.

Hello Sdelassus ;  

Okay, thanks for the information.

Have a nice day

Sincerely,

Manel