Stair ball simulation

Hello

As part of my learning of solidworks simulation and writing the tutorial (see subject), I would have liked to know if it is possible to simulate a ball falling down a staircase ? I don't know how to go about it at all.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello

You have to use Motion with 3D contacts.

There must be a tutorial in SolidWorks, otherwise I must have "boat" examples to provide you with if needed.

@+

1 Like

Here is an example

sorter.zip
1 Like

Very  but then how to do a mechanical calculation? What I'm trying to find out is if my ball will withstand the impact of the stairs.

re

To my knowledge SolidWorks does not allow simulations of this type, there is the shhh test but I don't know if it can manage several contact surfaces like the case of a staircase.

@+

I would be tempted to say that if the ball resists the first shock, it will resist the next ones which will be weaker, right?

@.PL

Not necessarily, because the material can become brittle when fallen. It's like a glass, sometimes he doesn't break at the first touch, but 2-3 rebounds after.

I'm aware that SolidWorks is not a finite element software, so I don't think it's possible to do this simulation.

2 Likes

Indeed, in this case I think it's beyond the skills of SolidWorks!

Solidworks is not capable of doing this type of simulation, too bad...