Simulation set transformed into a block

Good evening everyone.

I would like to carry out a weight and load simulation of this set:

Well I made the whole drawing with 3 mechanically welded blocks linked in an assembly (so far it seems rather simple), But here it is during my attempt to create my mesh I have the right to the message "there is interference between two bodies at least. Do you want to check for interference?"... obviously almost all the parts are interfering and I don't understand why...

So following that I am looking for a solution but I admit to being a little lost, if I fix elements in contact by the "blocking" link, is it well taken into account during the simulation?

Afterwards I tried to convert my assembly into a single block (assembled bodies see "http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/copie-d-assemblage"), and there, miracle, my mesh still doesn't work (with a . PART/. STEP assembled), visibly the combination of bodies is repressed during the attempt to mattify

It's not a complicated assembly though:/. (I'm only starting to use solidworks for structural calculations :/).

Thank you in advance if you have a solution to this problem, good evening.

PS: I can provide the assembly.

assemblage_complet_pour_calcul_piece.sldprt
1 Like

1 Like

I just quickly launched a mesh with the following parameters and I don't have any problems:

but to save time it would be more interesting to switch to beams rather than volume

maillage.jpg
3 Likes

I did a quick simulation, and I don't have any particular problems.

I don't know the efforts applied to your structure but the methodology remains the same:

- Simplification of your model with symmetry planes

- Definition of your material

- In the imposed displacements you add a symmetry condition on the faces concerned

- Addition of the fixing, which I imagine is at the foot of the structure?

- Global contact between all the bodies in your room set to "solid"

- Adding your efforts (weight, strength, loading....)

- coarse mesh to start with

-  you look if the results are consistent and realistic

- if so, you densify your mesh to refine the results

- If not, you review the above assumptions and start again!

Good luck

simulation.jpg
3 Likes

Thank you very much, I'll test all this but I've already done these settings :/. on which version of SW are you?

me 2015 SP4.0

Well I just went back to the room model (like the one you used, it works first when I check the box "use a size corresponding to the volume of each room" probably my problem came from this option (the global mesh must have been a problem for small rooms. so I'm going to try with that.

On the other hand, my initial set (because the transformation into a part file is still a hack) was made of 3 mechanically welded parts in assembly + parts in junction volume, all assembled by constraint. Is it a problem to operate like this or do you use a very specific methodology?

Oh great happiness :), here is a coeric simulation (snow resistance tests). On the other hand I'm out of elastic limit so I'm good at redesigning myself and redoing all these manipulations -_-. But I'm still very happy to finally have a proper simulation :).thank you very much