Simulation - Element Volume and Stress

Hello

I am trying to find the display of a result when performing a calculation via simulation.

For example, during a successful calculation and when you find yourself in the von mises constraints poster, you can right-click on constraint in the creation tree, and select "modify ISO", to display only the volume of material where you exceed a certain constraint (which you define, see first image noted "IMAGE 1")

At this time, normally there is black text at the top left of the 3D window, with "element volume" marked (see image marked IMAGE 2, an example of a report where this option was displayed)

Today, this information is no longer there, and it is useful for me to make my conclusions in my reports.

Is it a checkbox,

Thank you

Regards

image_1.jpg

I add image 2: 

image_2.jpg

Indeed it's weird!

The main principle of sophisticated software is that there is no functional regression during new versions.

Sometimes it's better to back up everything before generating the automatic report. Otherwise, the risk of not updating at one time or another remains.

Can post your piece in take-away composition mode (now Pack and Go) I would look on my machine.

Kind regards

Is there only volume? If mixed mesh, no indication, it's normal

Hello

Thank you for your answers,

Max59 I found thanks to your question, in fact I excluded from the analysis 2 bodies which are imported parts (alfatec combined rollers, via the "make rigid" option by right click in the tree) and suddenly the element volume result only appears when you mesh 100% of the assembly.

I often use this option, it allows you to have a body that is not subject to effort but to which you can attach.

So I include the imported pebbles in my calculation, and the result is displayed (see attached screenshot)

Thanks also to Zozo for offering to look at the assembly.

Have a good day, thank you again.

resultat.jpg
1 Like