Simulation

Hello

We are now equipped with SW Standard, which was sufficient for us until now.

Except today, our business is evolving and we are forced to evolve our IT resources to adapt to new work.

Our constraints:

- We are designing more and more plastic parts. We therefore need to be able to design our own and according to the rules of the art (constant thickness, drafts, etc.). Today, for example, SW STD makes it impossible to control a constant thickness. Be careful, we only design the parts, we are not manufacturers so I think SW Plastic is a little too advanced for our request.

- We design electro-portable construction sites and mechanically welded or mechanically assembled trolleys.

We would like to simulate our assemblies mechanically with loads and/or movements.

However, I'm afraid to spend my days setting up a simulation and I'd rather have something simple and fast even if it means being less efficient in the calculations.

One of the solutions is SW Simulation but I'm afraid it's too complicated for us.

Otherwise, SW Pro (for the plastic part) with a simulation module, I don't know...

In short, I would like to have advice from the community on this subject, knowing that it seems important to me to add 2 things:

- We don't have an infinite budget:)

- We use SW on a daily basis but we are not pro-SW and if an external solution exists, we are takers.

Thanks in advance

All you need is a premium position

http://www.axemble.com/pieces-plastiques

and simulation training

@+ ;-)

1 Like

+1 Gt22

The best solution for me would be to migrate to the premium version. This will allow you to access all the functions of Soldiworks Simulation, among other things.

Add to that a SW Simulation training, and everything will go like clockwork;)

Of course, a lot of functions will be optional, but you also have to remember that in the future, your company may evolve in this direction, and even for your professional development, it's always better to have a complete tool. =)

You can also always get in touch with your dealers, to inform them of your needs.

Good luck to you!

1 Like

Like the others, SolidWorks Premium seems to be enough.

This license includes, among other things:

-SolidWorks Simulation which allows you to perform calculations in the linear static domain.

-SolidWorks Motion Simulation which allows you to study kinematic movements, find the most unfavorable position for a mechanism (case where the forces will be the highest) and perform a static study on this position. recover engine strains, effort in the axes...

-SolidWorks utilities which integrates a thickness analysis tool...

Thank you.

I'm not particularly convinced of SW Simulation, which seems to me to be a bit heavy for the little simulation we need.

SW Premium is costing but the same thing.

After, as I said, I'm not ABSOLUTELY looking for SW, quite the contrary. If you know more of a nice little software that is not too complicated to use, I'm all for it.

SolidWorks Simulation (static) and Motion are included in the SolidWorks premium package...

Then in simulation software without solidworks, you have RDM6 from the IUT of Le Mans... But it's also not comparable to SolidWorks Simulation...

Then you have the ANSYS or Algor suite

Ansys from the eponymous company is, I think, heavier than SolidWorks Simulation and is mainly aimed at computer offices,

Algor is now called "Autodesk Simulation Mechanical", and is closer to the SolidWorks Simulation suite but it is autonomous...

I don't know of any "simpler" products that allow you to do "more" than SimulationXpress. 

1 Like