Simulate angular velocity

Hi all
I don't have a lot of experience with solidworks simulation. Is there a mode to simulate angular acceleration and angular velocity on a cogwheel? I would like to see the deformity at the end of the tooth. If anyone has a tutorial or other. Thank you

Hello Jean-miii,

In my opinion no, but it is possible to simulate an assembly in gear mode.
But I think someone would have a solution to your question.
@+.
AR.
Simulation_Instructor_WB_2011_FRA.pdf (3.9 MB)
https://help.solidworks.com/2017/french/SolidWorks/motionstudies/t_plotting_angular_displace_part.htm
https://help.solidworks.com/2019/french/SolidWorks/motionstudies/t_plotting_angular_displace_part.htm?format=P&value=

Hello @Jean-miii ,

I believe it is necessary to distinguish between two types of modeling of a mechanical system:

• The first concerns the dynamic (or static) approach to the general mechanics of solid systems which makes it possible to model/calculate the motions (positions, velocities and accelerations of the components) and the forces involved in generating these displacements.
    This type of application answers the first part of your problem: " simulating angular acceleration and angular velocity on a cogwheel ".
    In the SolidWorks environment, it is the " SolidWorks Motion " module that offers this approach, or the " Meca3D " application, which also works in the SolidWorks environment;

• The second concerns the study of the deformations and stresses within the material constituting the parts of the whole. This simulation generally uses the results of the preceding dynamic study.
    It is the finite element module "SolidWorks Simulation " that allows you to access these simulations, and to answer the second part of your question: " see the deformation at the end of the tooth ". 

Your cogwheel is not alone in your study, it receives energy " from one side ", and gives it back from " the other ". What is downstream and upstream, motor, receiver?
You should specify your request by providing at least an image of your set, or a diagram...

3 Likes