Smartproperties how to retrieve the number of configurations

Hello

I need to change my input mask on smartproperties because we are changing our room numbering. Before I used to get the first 9 characters of my file name, now I want to get the first 11 characters back (no problem), and I have to add the config number.

For example I have an axis with 3 different lengths so my file will have 3 configurations ex axis 1, axis 2, axis 3. In this case I want to retrieve the number 01 for axis 1, 02 for axis 2, 03 for axis 3. Basically, whatever the name of the configuration is, I want to know the number of the configuration and so I could concatenate it to the name of the file.

Thank you for helping me.

Kind regards.

Hello

All you have to do is add a "simple text" tab in Smartproperties and choose "solidworks variable" in the type.

Then you give a name to this property (I called it "Config") and you select "Name of the active configuration" for the variable.

Then you can integrate the name of your configuration into the name of your file using the mention "Config".

I hope it was clear enough;)

config.jpg

Sorry at first I read the problem statement a little too quickly... but impossible to delete my post.

Hello 

If in your excel configuration file you add a column without properties but the Row Num; you will then have the number of configurations you will add to the name... But you will have to go back to the excel files of your configurations...

1 Like

Hello

If the number is contained in the configuration name, 2 properties must be created

First : as @William says :

Adds a "solidworks variable" property to the type.

Then you give a name to this property (I called it "Config") and you select "Name of the active configuration" for the variable.

Second

Adds a String property that retrieves the last few characters up to the config property space (there are different options)

If the number is not present in the name I don't see a possibility

Philippe